Incendiary Powder Rework / Buff

Stand The Wall.6987

So I was thinking about how to possibly improve core engi and I came to the conclusion that not only can this improve them, but possibly make holo condi (with crystal configuration: storm) more of a thing. possibly... any way heres the change.

Incendiary Powder: 33% chance for explosions to apply 2 seconds of burning.

I dunno how this would effect PvE, but for PvP and WvW I believe it would be a great change. We might even see some more kit builds runnin around! Who knows.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:So I was thinking about how to possibly improve core engi and I came to the conclusion that not only can this improve them, but possibly make holo condi (with crystal configuration: storm) more of a thing. possibly... any way heres the change.

I dunno how this would effect PvE, but for PvP and WvW I believe it would be a great change. We might even see some more kit builds runnin around! Who knows.

I really don't want to use grenade kit even more than I already do... the carpal tunnel...

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:So I was thinking about how to possibly improve core engi and I came to the conclusion that not only can this improve them, but possibly make holo condi (with crystal configuration: storm) more of a thing. possibly... any way heres the change.

I really don't want to use grenade kit even more than I already do... the carpal tunnel...

You can fix this problem by changing your keybinds. I use F for the auto attack and C for skill 2. Been using these two keybinds for years and I've never changed it. The reason for this is because pressing 1 over and over again is a huge pain and it impacts your kiting. Another thing is if you're using WASD for movement, in order to press skill 2, you have to let go of the key you're using for going forward and it impacts your kiting. It may seem odd, but trust me, these keybinds will save your fingers from carpal tunnel.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

lol I hear ya. would this mean even more AA spamming in pve? seems like the rotation wouldnt change too much. for pvp you could always lock aoe to target option in settings and put AA on mouse 1 or something.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

lol I hear ya. would this mean even more AA spamming in pve?

For condi builds, it absolutely would. Shrapnel is already quite powerful for condi builds, so it's the recommended autoattack for condi engi. The change you recommended would reinforce that.

I think there are way too many traits related to Explosions. Incendiary Powder should get a lower ICD or add something like Amplified Wrath (Guardian trait: Burning damage is increased by 15%), an AoE burn or an AoE fire field.

I play PP condi holo for fun (build), because I actually don't want to bother with the aiming and smashing involved with grenades. Yes, I know you can ''stick to target'' thing, but Engineer has many skills that use AoE and I've found myself throwing Elixirs/Med Pack Drop many times at the target instead of myself.

@Vagrant.7206 said:I really don't want to use grenade kit even more than I already do... the carpal tunnel...

Meanwhile, underwater grenade kit AA can be automatic.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

lol I hear ya. would this mean even more AA spamming in pve?

For condi builds, it absolutely would.
is already quite powerful for condi builds, so it's the recommended autoattack for condi engi. The change you recommended would reinforce that.

well idk man. sounds bad.

@"Krispera.5087" said:I think there are way too many traits related to Explosions. Incendiary Powder should get a lower ICD or add something like Amplified Wrath (Guardian trait: Burning damage is increased by 15%), an AoE burn or an AoE fire field.

I play PP condi holo for fun (build), because I actually don't want to bother with the aiming and smashing involved with grenades. Yes, I know you can ''stick to target'' thing, but Engineer has many skills that use AoE and I've found myself throwing Elixirs/Med Pack Drop many times at the target instead of myself.

@Vagrant.7206 said:I really don't want to use grenade kit even more than I already do... the carpal tunnel...

Meanwhile, underwater grenade kit AA can be automatic.

too many traits related to explosions? outside of the explosions trait line, i think there is only one trait related to splodeys and thats bunker down. two in holo, but PBM has such a long cool down its hard to count it. any way, none of that is relevant imo. so what? splodeys are awesome.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:too many traits related to explosions? outside of the explosions trait line, i think there is only one trait related to splodeys and thats bunker down. two in holo, but PBM has such a long cool down its hard to count it. any way, none of that is relevant imo. so what? splodeys are awesome.

What I meant to say is that in order to play Condi Engi, you need to invest in Explosions. So, if you link Incendiary Powder with Explosions, it will forces even more the use of Grenades.

Also, it will forces people to take both Firearms and Explosives trait line, which is what's happening right now if you want to play Condi Bleed Grenades with 25 Might. You cannot play Shrapnel without : Grenadier, Aim-Assisted Rocket, Sanguine Array, Thermal Vision and Incendiary Powder. It's a huge investment. That's why Condi Engi with Grenades is difficult to make it work (PvP, WvW), because you need to invest heavily on 2 offensive traits line.

Then, Grenades/Mortar aren't that awesome. They are harder to aim than any weapons and are a hit and miss when it comes to landing a hit.

The less we link stuffs with Explosions, Grenades, Bleed and Shrapnel, the best it is.

@Krispera.5087 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:too many traits related to explosions? outside of the explosions trait line, i think there is only one trait related to splodeys and thats bunker down. two in holo, but PBM has such a long cool down its hard to count it. any way, none of that is relevant imo. so what? splodeys are awesome.

What I meant to say is that in order to play Condi Engi, you need to invest in Explosions. So, if you link Incendiary Powder with Explosions, it will forces even more the use of Grenades.

Also, it will forces people to take both Firearms and Explosives trait line, which is what's happening right now if you want to play Condi Bleed Grenades with 25 Might. You cannot play Shrapnel without : Grenadier, Aim-Assisted Rocket, Sanguine Array, Thermal Vision and Incendiary Powder. It's a huge investment. That's why Condi Engi with Grenades is difficult to make it work (PvP, WvW), because you need to invest heavily on 2 offensive traits line.

Then, Grenades/Mortar aren't that awesome. They are harder to aim than any weapons and are a hit and miss when it comes to landing a hit.

The less we link stuffs with Explosions, Grenades, Bleed and Shrapnel, the best it is.

for pvp/ wvw you dont need grenades or the explosives traitline if you use holo aa with that crystal config:storm master trait.as for non holo builds, with the incendiary rework you dont think nades would be possible without explosives traitline? is shrapnel so important that it would still be mandatory with the IP rework?

alright well youve made some good points. is engi better off without the rework? if condi engi is going into firearms anyways, and the rework is an improvement, is that so bad? i mean i get what youre saying about mandatory traits, but lol, pretty much every build has that sort of rigidity. seems to me youre asking for leeway that doesnt exist when it comes to making a good build.

What I meant to say is that in order to play Condi Engi, you need to invest in Explosions. So, if you link Incendiary Powder with Explosions, it will forces even more the use of Grenades.This means u play explosive, firearms , + one between tools, alchemy , inventions, scrapper or holosmith .... you have no survivability for wvw or spvp in 1 vs 1.... you can only spam when not targeted

Archived