Swoop still bugged reminder

Kraitan.8476

20-25% of uses at the end it turns your character and kinda leaps back a little bit. Not sure how to reliably reproduce, seems random.Beside that, the consumable (interactable) items dropped by siamoth/pig etc does not work with the: ''show all usable object names'' - option. Which can be a bit annoying from time to time, can this be fixed?

@Kraitan.8476 said:20-25% of uses at the end it turns your character and kinda leaps back a little bit. Not sure how to reliably reproduce, seems random.Beside that, the consumable (interactable) items dropped by siamoth/pig etc does not work with the: ''show all usable object names'' - option. Which can be a bit annoying from time to time, can this be fixed?

Interestingly, I have been using swoop a whole lot, doing some key farming on a shiny new Ranger, and hit this zero times in ~ 10 hours of gameplay. All sub-80 map completion and personal story, of course.

Do you use action camera, free camera, or regularly rotate the camera rather than the character to view things? I don't do any of those, and I'm wondering if there is some relationship?

@SlippyCheeze.5483 said:

@Kraitan.8476 said:20-25% of uses at the end it turns your character and kinda leaps back a little bit. Not sure how to reliably reproduce, seems random.Beside that, the consumable (interactable) items dropped by siamoth/pig etc does not work with the: ''show all usable object names'' - option. Which can be a bit annoying from time to time, can this be fixed?

Interestingly, I have been using swoop a whole lot, doing some key farming on a shiny new Ranger, and hit this zero times in ~ 10 hours of gameplay. All sub-80 map completion and personal story, of course.

Do you use action camera, free camera, or regularly rotate the camera rather than the character to view things? I don't do any of those, and I'm wondering if there is some relationship?

Ill record it tomorrow if you'd like to see it?, shouldnt be hard ;) I dont use action cam, using free cam but I dont think its related at all to camera settings/movement.

@Kraitan.8476 said:

Ill record it tomorrow if you'd like to see it?, shouldnt be hard ;) I dont use action cam, using free cam but I dont think its related at all to camera settings/movement.

Nah, I believe you, I'm just wondering if there is some bug, like sometimes it selects the wrong camera to pick orientation from or something. If I don't experience it, but you do, then there is presumably something different between us that makes it happen / not happen. Could be luck, could be something else.

I absolutely believe you, though. Like, this is trying to figure out what that difference is, because if we can tell ANet how to make it happen, we can get them to fix it much faster. This, uh, wouldn't exactly be the first movement-attack skill to have some problems like this. :)

@"Blocki.4931" said:Could this be related to "Melee Attack Assist"? in the general options? Because I've noticed how poorly that behaves with Warrior Sword 2 which is also a leap.

No, that’s an option ill never use xD and Im fairly sure it has nothing to do with it since the bug can happen both with & without a target. It does seem to happen more in wvw for some reason, very strange :/

Archived