Disable Queuing if Players are Naked

@Dark Knight.6294 said:@"bennypig.6428" you clearly dont know how pvp works

Omg.... See it yourself

"EquipmentCharacters in PvP use the same armor and weapons from PvE and WvW.All items give zero attribute, rune, sigil, or infusion bonuses in PvP. Chest, leg, and boot armor still contribute to the total defense value.All items function as level 80 exotic-quality items."

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Build

No wonder people said PvP community is toxic. You even commented on my other thread for this discussion.

@bennypig.6428 said:

@Dark Knight.6294 said:@bennypig.6428 you clearly dont know how pvp works

Omg.... See it yourself

"EquipmentCharacters in PvP use the same armor and weapons from PvE and WvW.All items give zero attribute, rune, sigil, or infusion bonuses in PvP. Chest, leg, and boot armor still contribute to the total defense value.All items function as level 80 exotic-quality items."

No wonder people said PvP community is toxic. You even commented on my other thread for this discussion.

ok i admit my mistake. i checked the wiki and tried it ingame. sorry for being stubborn.

It's actually pretty incredible the amount of people who think you can go into PvP completely naked and it doesn't matter cuz they heard somewhere that gear doesn't matter in PvP. You can literally see your armor rating go down ingame when you unequip chest, legs and boots.

I've already had 2 games with a naked person on my team this season, in plat1-2. Both instances the person didn't know it actually meant anything. Both instances they got farmed all game. This shouldn't happen. I agree 100% with the suggestion... if you attach armor values to chest, legs and boots because you don't want people to play naked, why let them queue in naked anyway?

Hmmm I didn't know any armor mattered (not a pvper though so I am not one of the players queuing without armor don't worry!!). I wonder if this is also true for SAB, since a lot of people did human female no armor meta for that event.

EDIT: Maybe they should just make it so armor doesn't matter in PVP. Seems simpler than a gear check before queueing.

• ArenaNet Staff

@alaskasnowgirl.6047 said:Hmmm I didn't know any armor mattered (not a pvper though so I am not one of the players queuing without armor don't worry!!). I wonder if this is also true for SAB, since a lot of people did human female no armor meta for that event.

EDIT: Maybe they should just make it so armor doesn't matter in PVP. Seems simpler than a gear check before queueing.

We've talked about it before, but it's not high on the priority list. Also, many players are very worried about the number of people who would just stay naked all the time.

Finally, there are a handful of players who do it purposely for training and/or giving themselves an extra challenge.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@alaskasnowgirl.6047 said:Hmmm I didn't know any armor mattered (not a pvper though so I am not one of the players queuing without armor don't worry!!). I wonder if this is also true for SAB, since a lot of people did human female no armor meta for that event.

We've talked about it before, but it's not high on the priority list. Also, many players are very worried about the number of people who would just stay naked all the time.

Finally, there are a handful of players who do it purposely for training and/or giving themselves an extra challenge.

If you disable queue, they'll put on armor again, then take it off once in the game. You'd have to take extra steps to solve the problem. I'd just leave it be, it's kind of like AFKers, you just respond reactively to people causing problems rather than working out some intricate proactive measure that complicates things and causes collateral damage.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"alaskasnowgirl.6047" said:Hmmm I didn't know any armor mattered (not a pvper though so I am not one of the players queuing without armor don't worry!!). I wonder if this is also true for SAB, since a lot of people did human female no armor meta for that event.

For training purposes etc, it would be fine to allow it in custom arenas and probably Unranked (maybe just give them a popup window saying "Armor pieces affects your armor rating in PvP when equipped, but no other stats apply" etc. But if anything should be a requirement to disallow it when queuing for Ranked play.

Archived