Disable Queuing if Players are Naked — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Disable Queuing if Players are Naked

SweetPotato.7456SweetPotato.7456 Member ✭✭✭

please, because when ever someone comes in the match naked, there's a fight before the match and it alwasy goes bad. just make sure players are unable to queue or automatically / randomly let them wear something ugly when the get into match that cannot be remove that you.

Tagged:

Comments

• thats kinda stupid since gear doesnt matter in pvp

• Hylo.1968Hylo.1968 Member ✭✭

D: why ? It's super rewarding handle a 2-3v1 while you're naked :3

• @bennypig.6428 gear doesnt matter dude so it doesnt affect anything

edited July 8, 2018

@Dark Knight.6294 said:
    thats kinda stupid since gear doesnt matter in pvp

helm, pants and boots matters

• bennypig.6428bennypig.6428 Member ✭✭✭

@Dark Knight.6294 said:
    @bennypig.6428 gear doesnt matter dude so it doesnt affect anything

Try it yourself in pvp lobby and you will know.

• @Hylo.1968 no armor doesnt matter in pvp. You only need to have your weapons equipped

@Dark Knight.6294 said:
    @Hylo.1968 no armor doesnt matter in pvp. You only need to have your weapons equipped

ok <3

• @bennypig.6428 said:
    Try it yourself in pvp lobby and you will know.

how about you try it yourself.

• @bennypig.6428 you clearly dont know how pvp works

@Dark Knight.6294 said:
    @bennypig.6428 you clearly dont know how pvp works

😂😂😂

• @Hylo.1968 said:
    D: why ? It's super rewarding handle a 2-3v1 while you're naked :3

This comment just became the highlight of my day and it literally just started xD

• @bennypig.6428 please go to the pvp lobby and check your character stats then remove all armor on your character. see if it makes a difference.

@Dark Knight.6294 said:
    @bennypig.6428 please go to the pvp lobby and check your character stats then remove all armor on your character. see if it makes a difference.

check the thougness value dude

• @Hylo.1968 my bad. I thought pvp was completely seperate from pve/wvw

• Chuck.2864Chuck.2864 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2018

It's actually pretty incredible the amount of people who think you can go into PvP completely naked and it doesn't matter cuz they heard somewhere that gear doesn't matter in PvP. You can literally see your armor rating go down ingame when you unequip chest, legs and boots.

I've already had 2 games with a naked person on my team this season, in plat1-2. Both instances the person didn't know it actually meant anything. Both instances they got farmed all game. This shouldn't happen. I agree 100% with the suggestion... if you attach armor values to chest, legs and boots because you don't want people to play naked, why let them queue in naked anyway?

• alaskasnowgirl.6047alaskasnowgirl.6047 Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 8, 2018

Hmmm I didn't know any armor mattered (not a pvper though so I am not one of the players queuing without armor don't worry!!). I wonder if this is also true for SAB, since a lot of people did human female no armor meta for that event.

EDIT: Maybe they should just make it so armor doesn't matter in PVP. Seems simpler than a gear check before queueing.

• @alaskasnowgirl.6047 yea i agree they should just make armor not matter in pvp.

• @alaskasnowgirl.6047 said:
    Hmmm I didn't know any armor mattered (not a pvper though so I am not one of the players queuing without armor don't worry!!). I wonder if this is also true for SAB, since a lot of people did human female no armor meta for that event.

EDIT: Maybe they should just make it so armor doesn't matter in PVP. Seems simpler than a gear check before queueing.

We've talked about it before, but it's not high on the priority list. Also, many players are very worried about the number of people who would just stay naked all the time.

Finally, there are a handful of players who do it purposely for training and/or giving themselves an extra challenge.

Ben Phongluangtham
    Game Designer
    Reddit: ANET_BenP
    Twitch: AnetBenP

• Huskyboy.1053Huskyboy.1053 Member ✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@alaskasnowgirl.6047 said:

We've talked about it before, but it's not high on the priority list. Also, many players are very worried about the number of people who would just stay naked all the time.

Finally, there are a handful of players who do it purposely for training and/or giving themselves an extra challenge.

If you disable queue, they'll put on armor again, then take it off once in the game. You'd have to take extra steps to solve the problem. I'd just leave it be, it's kind of like AFKers, you just respond reactively to people causing problems rather than working out some intricate proactive measure that complicates things and causes collateral damage.

• Zietlogik.6208Zietlogik.6208 Member ✭✭✭

For training purposes etc, it would be fine to allow it in custom arenas and probably Unranked (maybe just give them a popup window saying "Armor pieces affects your armor rating in PvP when equipped, but no other stats apply" etc. But if anything should be a requirement to disallow it when queuing for Ranked play.

• DeceiverX.8361DeceiverX.8361 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Zietlogik.6208 said:

For training purposes etc, it would be fine to allow it in custom arenas and probably Unranked (maybe just give them a popup window saying "Armor pieces affects your armor rating in PvP when equipped, but no other stats apply" etc. But if anything should be a requirement to disallow it when queuing for Ranked play.

Was going to say this. The logic for training and the likes is fine for things like duels and informal play, and I'm all for removing restrictions where possible, but "Extra Challenge" and "Training" aren't really fair justifications to let people grief or unintentionally throw in competitive team gameplay, considering the intention of all participants when playing ranked should be to win.

You sure that Sniper idea is as good as you thought it was gonna be?
    Because I think my original idea is better.

• suffish.4150suffish.4150 Member ✭✭

Just make it so armour doesn’t affect your stats in pvp. I would love to run around naked all the time :)

Also ppl need to stop taking the ‘competitive’ aspect of ranked so seriously- if someone wants to play naked for training, or for any reason at all, just let them. It’s all for fun anyway and as long as they are trying to win the game I don’t care what they play.

@suffish.4150 said:
    Just make it so armour doesn’t affect your stats in pvp. I would love to run around naked all the time :)

Also ppl need to stop taking the ‘competitive’ aspect of ranked so seriously- if someone wants to play naked for training, or for any reason at all, just let them. It’s all for fun anyway and as long as they are trying to win the game I don’t care what they play.

wise words !!!!! <3 <3

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@suffish.4150 said:

it actually worked that way before, but ppl complained about naked guys and gals everywhere

i actually hadnt played pvp for ages and 2 weeks back took one of my naked warriors into pvp, slapped an outfit on it and went into matches...only realizing i had less armor when i compared stats with my full zerk warrior who had more armor than the pvp guy with demolisher amulett and than a necro from my guild had more aswell...so i started to wonder and well, apparently ppl dont like fighting naked ppl

• suffish.4150suffish.4150 Member ✭✭

If people really care that much about fighting naked players (and I can’t think of one sensible reason why that would be the case) then they can just enable standard models. It’s a non-issue nowadays.

• Rodzynald.5897Rodzynald.5897 Member ✭✭✭

@suffish.4150 said:

But isn't ranked meant for playing it seriously to win? On paper, theoretically speaking, ranked mode is for those who play to win and their definition of fun is to have a quality, serious match to test their skills against others. It's the "hardcore" content for PvP'ers just as PvE'ers have their raids. But, well... you get kicked from a raid if you freak around and don't put effort into getting it done, while ranked and AT's are more forgiving (no punishment for bad behaviour).

Casual friendly and quality pvp - these two do not work well together.

• AngelsShadow.7360AngelsShadow.7360 Member ✭✭✭

a player who dies naked will nearly always die with armour on too

you people overstate the handicap that not wearing armour gives you, as well as the average skill level of players in this game

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

If people go ranked naked to make it more challenging; doing unranked or hotjoin really won't help them. I assume if they do ranked naked hotjoin and unranked will never be satisfying.

• skillze.7689skillze.7689 Member ✭✭
    edited July 9, 2018

@Etheri.5406 said:
    If people go ranked naked to make it more challenging; doing unranked or hotjoin really won't help them. I assume if they do ranked naked hotjoin and unranked will never be satisfying.

whats more satisfying than getting ganked by a 5 man while naked ? That will certainly challenge you!

Edit: im on the side of it should be removed or made so armor does not effect stats

• Etheri.5406Etheri.5406 Member ✭✭✭✭

@skillze.7689 said:

@Etheri.5406 said:

whats more satisfying than getting ganked by a 5 man while naked ? That will certainly challenge you!

Edit: im on the side of it should be removed or made so armor does not effect stats

I might be playing a different game, but in my pvp games players don't 5 man gank. They rarely even go as 5 towards / near one node.

I can imagine playing naked is more fun than waiting for 15 minute queues for some players. Considering their rating is completely irrelevant for the first 6 weeks of the season; I don't think i can blame them.

• skillze.7689skillze.7689 Member ✭✭

@Etheri.5406 i think you completely missed the point! Unranked can be 5 man teams if you want a challenge you can play naked against a 5 man team and get ganked constantly for your challenge. No reason to say ranked is better for a challenge infact its not better to challenge you

• Hwk.6987Hwk.6987 Member
    edited July 10, 2018

Disable que when naked? Completely unnecessary and kinda stupid, when you already losing some armor rating, but a cool challenge

• Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭

The problem with this is that they also make it more challenging for other 4 people in the team. Playing naked should require consent from everyone in your team

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2018

Only formed teams should allow being naked, since players in a party can control who is in their team.

Anyone else who purposely or accidentally enters a match naked should receive any missing parts of their build upon the start of the match. Not just armor, also amulet, weapons and upgrades, so they will always be fully equipped and have a full skillbar.

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

Just fix it so the equipment doesn't matter, and ignore the complaints about "naked" people. There are no naked people in this game anyway, just those in ugly swimsuits.

• Sinful.2165Sinful.2165 Member ✭✭✭

It’s not clearly stated anywhere which 3 pieces of armor are required to have the baseline armor stat for PvP.

This shouldn’t be such a mystery. It’s annoying to see naked players in matches who are either trolling or ignorant.

WTB better PvP tutorial.

• reminds me of the old... "no Shirt, no tie, no service" thing...

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.