From Scourge to Engineer

Lily.1935

With the patch to Scourge which is a universal change and not a PvP and WvW change... AGAIN! seething with rage It seems that I need to shelve my necromancer. I absolutely despise reaper and everything it represents so that isn't an option for me. But regardless the elitist hate to necromancers is coming back so I honestly do not have the time or energy to deal with that.Engineer got some buffs though which is nice. Its minor for the most part, but I can still use this. But this means that I have to tighten up my rotation for Condi engineer and really double down on learning Healing engineer since my guild actually does like how my healing engi preforms. So at least I got something from this patch. My secondary main now becomes my main. NOT OUT OF CHOICE BUT OUT OF NEED mind you!I am so angry with this patch. We were barely doing higher DPS than support berserker and lower DPS than DPS berserker. Now we're matching support zerker or lower now without the support to show for it? I am so blindly angry with this. I have to stop my legendary crafting to build 2 sets of ascended armor for my engineer and will face kicks from Raiding and Fractal groups on principle that i'm a necromancer. What is this? 2013 all over again?

Wait, you're going condi engineer? Do you actually look at the numbers it's running now? Still not great numbers, especially given the difficulty of even the "simplified" rotation.

Just go holo. Or power reaper. Or really, just power. It's clear which way the pendulum is going.

@"Vagrant.7206" said:Wait, you're going condi engineer? Do you actually look at the numbers it's running now? Still not great numbers, especially given the difficulty of even the "simplified" rotation.

Just go holo. Or power reaper. Or really, just power. It's clear which way the pendulum is going.

I have a power set for Engi. I have all three, Condi, healing and power. Its just completing their ascended version.

I feel the same way. I moved my legendaries from my necro to my mes on the last balance patch, been playing her more often since. This patch I just put all my necro's gear in the bank. Only thing keeping him there is the fact that he has 500 tailor and artificet, and I feel too lazy to re-level those on my mes.

This patch was too much for me also, so my 1000's of hours & gold Necro is shelved for the time being. Groups have zero reason to bring a Necromancer now and it sucks. I like feeling useful and that I'm actually contributing so Mesmer/Ranger it is for now.

@"Autumn.8043" said:This patch was too much for me also, so my 1000's of hours & gold Necro is shelved for the time being. Groups have zero reason to bring a Necromancer now and it sucks. I like feeling useful and that I'm actually contributing so Mesmer/Ranger it is for now.

SAME! I can't stand that these other players are like "Well, your damage isn't THAT bad." when that's ALL we have and we're lower DPS than a support warrior and on top of that we are far more difficult to use, provide less for the group and there are people in the game saying "Necros will be kicked" or "Need REAL DPS (No necros)" or something in that light.

Archived