Max crit dmg build for ranger. suggest

So guys, I was thinking, is there a way to achieve max dmg with crit dmg alone... like one hit KO with ranger as Deadeyes seem to be doing a lot of one hit KOs, we need to retaliate in kindThis is what i came up with recently but couldn't complete it due to lack of open ideas:daredevil rune + greatsword + shortbow + valkyrie + beastmastery(two hand training) + skirmishing(vicious quarry) + soulbeast(merge smokescale) + Signet of the Wild + Plate of Roasted Cactus

explanation:daredevil rune -> guaranteed crit after dodge roll so we can just plainly ignore fury and precision and crit chance stats altogether and make it simple and focus on all othersgreatsword -> high dmg output two handed weapon per hit... coz guaranteed crit applies for only one hit after dodge rollnow we got crit chance, we can focus on crit dmg output ie ferocityvalkyrie -> max ferocity(with added power and vitality)beastmastery(two hand training) -> greatsword attack increase + pack alpha 80 attribute points + grants fury(which will trigger granting ferocity bcoz of skirmishing(vicious quarry)) and less CDskirmishing(vicious quarry) -> gives ferocity when gaining fury + Furious Grip gives fury which inturn gives ferocity when swapping from shortbow to greatsword(and some other complicated conditions like less health)Soulbeast -> Furious Strength gives fury and indirectly we get ferocity + moa stance(fury so indirect ferocity) + griffon stance(since we need to dodge roll we need endurance bar to be filled up and ready to kill 5 players in 10 secs ;) ) + merge with ferocious petsignet of wild -> 180 ferocityPlate of Roasted Cactus -> 100 ferocitycombat : apply vulnerability with shortbow concussion shot and optionally with maul then dodge and use greatsword's powerful attack

hope this gives a powerful and tough build... but this all depends on griffon stance and daredevil rune...

will this work like a one hit KO thingy? suggestions please

and if anyone already has a similar build plz share... I'll be sure to take points... If it really turns out to be a cannon build, hope anet doesn't nerf ranger once again

@Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

@Koen.1327 said:dagger/warhorn for mass stealth would be necessary

by mass stealth did you mean for our team allies? if so, i ran out of ideas.. but our team thief can give that.. i hope

Technically you can smokescale F2 field > Then merge > Worldly impact to blast stealth in AOE without WH5.But I imagine you want to retain WI off cooldown for whatever spike you are going for with this build.

@Sandzibar.5134 said:

@Koen.1327 said:dagger/warhorn for mass stealth would be necessary

by mass stealth did you mean for our team allies? if so, i ran out of ideas.. but our team thief can give that.. i hope

Technically you can smokescale F2 field > Then merge > Worldly impact to blast stealth in AOE without WH5.But I imagine you want to retain WI off cooldown for whatever spike you are going for with this build.

yeah WI can make sure the target gets downed after the spike... so that was a last resort... but if the spike gets the job done easily, then WI can be used for stealth i guess :)else, swoop could get me stealth... or team mates... or no need of stealth... as this isnt a glass build... we have valkyrie amulet... so ... let them see whats coming....

• 2 weeks later...

First, let me say I love your optimism! :)

But after theorycrafting countless hours on maximizing my thief's one shot capabilities I have come to realise it has about the same benefit to your gameplay as it is to practice your meta rotations on the golem.

Because all it takes is 1 block, 1 miss, 1 out of range, 1 weakness, 1 evade, 1 cc, 1 blind, 1 immobilize and 1 invulnerable by your opponent to leave you at a massive disadvantage. You won't be able to pressure at all since you never crit and all your ferocity = useless. If you somehow manage to survive between your crits, with all the defensive boons, regen and tanky gear you still really can't count on taking anyone down with one hit either, except if they are glass.

Best of luck though, hope you get some epic kills with it :)

I only use WI for stealth in desperate situations or to prevent a stomp. When I first tried using WI + Swoop at the beginning of matches to stealth burst, most of the time WI wasn't up again in time for the burst.

Your build won't work against real people in most skill brackets. As soon as people realize you die really fast, you'll get focused. You mentioned food though so I guess this is for WvW so go nuts.

@eksn.7264 said:I only use WI for stealth in desperate situations or to prevent a stomp. When I first tried using WI + Swoop at the beginning of matches to stealth burst, most of the time WI wasn't up again in time for the burst.

Your build won't work against real people in most skill brackets. As soon as people realize you die really fast, you'll get focused. You mentioned food though so I guess this is for WvW so go nuts.

Food and going nuts.... That's funny =)

Archived