Just reached lev. 80 Condi Necro, what build after patch changes?

Justin Time.7054

I partially followed Dulfy indications for a Condi Necro while levelling.Friends tell me to wait before choose level 80 Runes, Armor and Trinkets, because of the negative impact recent changes might have on Condi Necro.I don't understand much about Necro as I played it for few weeks now, so please tell me: it is still worth or it is not to build a Condi Necro ?Eventually, what changes should I try comparing to the traditionl Condi Necro build?Last, what build would you advise me as an alternative to Condi?Thanks!

On paper, and after testing it a few times myself last night, I'm gonna say no. Before the patch, the only reason people took necro was for their epi bouncing. Now that that's gone there is no reason to pick necro over any other dps class. You can try power reaper, but it's only in a slightly better position than condi

If you wanna play core necro, hard times Are awaiting you :-\:-\ core necro Is worst class in game. You need Elite spec. ONLY build that Is little bit viable(fractals ONLY) Is Power Reaper And maybe condi Reaper. Necromancer Is worst class in game in everything aspect So dont be suprise if Ppl kick you, but you can play with friends/guild

@"Justin Time.7054" said:I partially followed Dulfy indications for a Condi Necro while levelling.Friends tell me to wait before choose level 80 Runes, Armor and Trinkets, because of the negative impact recent changes might have on Condi Necro.I don't understand much about Necro as I played it for few weeks now, so please tell me: it is still worth or it is not to build a Condi Necro ?Eventually, what changes should I try comparing to the traditionl Condi Necro build?Last, what build would you advise me as an alternative to Condi?Thanks!

It will help to specify which game modes you are interested in.

As for alternatives to Condi, I use this core minionless power build for open world PVE, and find it strong and enjoyable:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQRAnY4Yn0ICN2gl2Au0A0uhjchiWGrRzCDgGIBmDxSMFA-jxCBwAy0IkSfzDzfAOJA6U/BqSsjKPmoEs2+DROCABeAAkCIPlRA-e

For PvE, unfortunately there is no reason to bring a Necro to any sort of challenging content at this point, as Anet has stripped the class of everything it had going for it, without compensating it in any way or form with general damage buffs, or adding any sort of group utility to anything at all.

Pretty much the only thing Necromancer does in PvE is DPS, and it's terrible at that.

While it is very much so possible to clear that content with a Necro in your party, keep in mind you will face a lot of backlash and group kicks in favour of universally better professions because of it. It might go fine sometimes, but on a daily basis, I imagine it would get quite exhausting.Necro does have benefits in bad groups, but nobody likes to think of themselves as a bad group.

If you want to play sPvP or WvW, the only reason Necro shines there is because it is the only counter to the AoE boon spam, with it's sustained AoE corrupts.But keep in mind, even that is slashed in almost half every other patch.

If Open World and other non-group or endgame content is what you are after for now, everything is fine for that.

@TheAgedGnome.7520 said:

@"Justin Time.7054" said:I partially followed Dulfy indications for a Condi Necro while levelling.Friends tell me to wait before choose level 80 Runes, Armor and Trinkets, because of the negative impact recent changes might have on Condi Necro.I don't understand much about Necro as I played it for few weeks now, so please tell me: it is still worth or it is not to build a Condi Necro ?Eventually, what changes should I try comparing to the traditionl Condi Necro build?Last, what build would you advise me as an alternative to Condi?Thanks!

It will help to specify which game modes you are interested in.

As for alternatives to Condi, I use this core minionless power build for open world PVE, and find it strong and enjoyable:

This build looks cool.Im talking mainly about PvE instanced Endgame (dungeon, fractals)

Here is my 1 alternative to powerhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQRAnY4djk0QjN2TDu0A7NOyFKYA0ArwcIWipguFrRzC-jhCBABAcCAqUVAs2fQClgGp8LijAwDm/wRtnU03EwDAgUA5pMC-eIts copy of Power Reaper build with some changes.No need to have so much tanky stuff for PvE core shroud is tanky.Traited Wells give you(and allies) protection and heal thru vampiric presence if they hit. It gives you AOE. Main damage source is Axe 2. Dagger is good only for heal on skill #2 and life force generation auto attack chain(maybe corrupt boon on #3 skill). Core Necromancer shroud works little bit antigroup(mean in GW2 ppl stack next to boss so everybody gets boons(buffs) but shroud only damaging skill #1 is most effiency on max range 1200. So i mean it will be good only for tanking damage for blink #2 and if boss is on range and you cant go closer. Can work with Axe/x only (without dagger)

And here some Condi buildhttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQRBLRtG2JNiQ1NYbNg3NA/N4oWoojxcUtwuOAmhYIMCpAA-jByEQB/TVg7p2TK3AAAm/eneBNoh5gK/+mSQSBknyI-eWith this build is better focus boss and then kill other enemies with emidemic. In shroud is best use only skilss #2#3#5 and leave. even you have in shroud 50% crit chance i guess its stil dps loss. Shroud here is more then for power cuz you can actualy give some dmg in short time. Scepter skills are good. Warhorn is good for lifeforce and dagger #4 for sending conditions from yourself to enemy after using Blood is Power and Epidemic

So that it is. Just wanna tell you if you wanna play condi buy Path of Fire. Scourge is pretty weak right now but still much stronger then core. If you like Power buy Hearth of the Thorns->Reaper. Or just play what you like with core(i love it in starts)

Archived