Pet advice for Power SB - WvW

Turkeyspit.3965

I run Power SB - LB + GS in WvW, and need some advice on pet choices. I do a mix of solo roaming / dailies, and running alongside zergs, so I run a stance share build.Prior to the patch, I ran merged with Owl for Swoop, Quickening Screech and the AoE heal, and swapped to Smokescale if I was able to free cast, or if I was involved in melee.

Now with the recent patch, our movement speed in beastmode is 30% (up from 25%) so I don't think the benefit of Quickening Screech is worth keeping the Owl, even if I do miss swoop to get me out of danger or closer to my destination faster.

I'm currently running Smokescale / Jacaranda, but I'm not all that impressed with the latter so far. F1 in beastmode on the Jac seems to only work on downed players or NPCs, enemy players rarely get hit, and the F2 doesn't seem to help much. Actually I think the Jac has more of an impact when I'm not merged...

Been considering Brown Bear, but was looking for suggestions. I think it makes sense to run with 1 offensive and 1 defensive pet, but maybe I'm wrong in that thinking?

Thanks!

Soulbeast has a problem with condition management because of all the traits it has to take for Power damage....... which is why Jacaranda is kind of strong on front line since it has 2 strong heals, and both deal with conditions. When separated its got a lot of weird quirks; and its only significant contribution Call Lighting (pet) hitting really hard over a decent sided area.

You also have to understand that Ranger pets are nearly all really crappy against mobile target. Smoke Scale wasn't a benchmark, its outlier... and Anet affirmed this by messing with it in the last patch. Frankly theres no other pet up to SS's reliability after Iboga got nerfed since its introduction. Maybe try Alpine Wolf for the combination of Crippling leap, Brutal Charge and Unflniching Fortitude. Or Fern Hound if you want support on F3.

Archived