Please avoid buffing sword any further, ulterior buffs would only damage ele

Arheundel.6451

Sword is the only weapon left to sporadically enjoy what left of the class, the damage/sustain ratio is 100% spot on, any buff at this point would throw the whole thing out of the delicate balance state and personally I am well aware of what that means for the ele class : an endless stream of nerfs few months after the buffs are introduced.

I believe it's time to stop balancing the whole game around this raid bonanza, the elementalist has seen nothing but huge nerfs since the introduction of raids which represent only a small part of the game, I'd appreciate if you'd keep any buff/nerf or whatever limited to this raid bubble .

@Arheundel.6451 said:the elementalist has seen nothing but huge nerfs since the introduction of raids which represent only a small part of the game, I'd appreciate if you'd keep any buff/nerf or whatever limited to this raid bubble .

You think elementalist got huge nerfs? Try taking a good look at core engineer. That profession has been nerfed the most since the introduction of HoT. Because so many players didn't know how much you have to practice in order to be a good engineer, people still complained about the profession being overpowered.

Nerfs like the power and condition damage, pistols, Gear Shields' block duration, the Grenade Kits' range, the Bomb Kits' explosion radius, elixirs being able to cleanse conditions etc. It was also the profession that benefited a lot from Celestial stats, hence why the Celestial Amulet got nerfed from 560+ stat increase to 460+ stat increase.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@"Arheundel.6451" said:the elementalist has seen nothing but huge nerfs since the introduction of raids which represent only a small part of the game, I'd appreciate if you'd keep any buff/nerf or whatever limited to this raid bubble .

You think elementalist got huge nerfs? Try taking a good look at core engineer. That profession has been nerfed the most since the introduction of HoT. Because so many players didn't know how much you have to practice in order to be a good engineer, people still complained about the profession being overpowered.

Nerfs like the power and condition damage, pistols, Gear Shields' block duration, the Grenade Kits' range, the Bomb Kits' explosion radius, elixirs being able to cleanse conditions etc. It was also the profession that benefited a lot from Celestial stats, hence why the Celestial Amulet got nerfed from 560+ stat increase to 460+ stat increase.

Engi being bad at some point of game doesnt mean that other classes should as well. Necro's been in a pretty bad spot in structured pve since lich form minion "fix". Scrapper and herald have barely seen pve. Ele hasnt had an impactful pvp build in a year or so, same with rev. Medium classes have been useles in wvw zergs since launch, engi only recently got some useful group build. Half of the core classes are complete garbage and that number is increasing.

It's not about "my class had a lot worse time than yours". It's about bad/balanced classes or builds that are being dumped in the trash when there's much bigger imbalances that need fixing.

@"steki.1478" said:It's not about "my class had a lot worse time than yours". It's about bad/balanced classes or builds that are being dumped in the trash when there's much bigger imbalances that need fixing.This one really triggers me with this community."waaaa necros had it worse, now shut up and stay down for a couple of years!"

This is no way to balance a game. Each trait and class should be balanced individually based on the trade-offs it has/can take for achieving certain things. Be it dps, healin or support.

The real balance issue with ele is not its own dmg...Its the insane ammount of (very easy) support chrono and druid (and firebrand) can put out allowing the ele to ignore all its trade-offs (low defense) when goin full dps.

Then they nerf eles dps on that group scenario and the rest of the game (wvw, pvp, etc) where the ele don't have a pocket support, gets completely obliterated.

Necro does average dps on a golem but still does that dps on a group. An ele on a fotm cm group can only get close to 20kdps if the support is perfect. Any failure from support (quickness/allacrity uptime, boons and heals) the ele dps tanks below 10k.

Archived