Concealing Blackpowder from enemies exploit going around.

Xtinct.7031

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Vornollo.5182 said:Are you sure you're not confused with 'Snipers Cover', the Rifle #4 skill when kneeling?That's another thing that should be fixed.

It's when wielding a rifle, not just kneeling. What needs fixing? You blow 50% of your endurance for 2 seconds of stealth. Bad trade

It's 50% of your endurance for 3s of stealth, 4s with SA. Add stealth on mark and endurance regen food with basically perma vigor from traits, and you have a build with a lot of stealth uptime and not much reliance on black powder. It's currently working as intended.

Are you guys aware this topic is about a bug regarding 'Black Powder', the Pistol #5 skill..?It's in no way related to Deadeye.

I am however aware of the fact that it's possible to have Sniper's Cover placed in ways so that it also cannot be seen.I made this link because that's a bug I know of and because, like Black Powder, it's a smokefield. It's quite possible to mistake one smokefield for another, that's the only parallel. No reason to derail a topic...

And @Blocki.4931 Sniper's Cover really is the Rifle #4 skill when you're kneeling. If you're not kneeling, the skill is called Death's Retreat.I think you're confused (and as a result, so was @Jugglemonkey.8741 I assume) with the trait Silent Scope.That's a different topic though.

Edited for clarity.

@Vornollo.5182 said:Are you guys aware this topic is about a bug regarding 'Black Powder', the Pistol #5 skill..?It's in no way related to Deadeye.

I am however aware of the fact that it's possible to have Sniper's Cover placed in ways so that it also cannot be seen.I made this link because that's a bug I know of and because, like Black Powder, it's a smokefield. It's quite possible to mistake one smokefield for another, that's the only parallel. No reason to derail a topic...

And @Blocki.4931 Sniper's Cover really is the Rifle #4 skill when you're kneeling. If you're not kneeling, the skill is called Death's Retreat.I think you're confused (and as a result, so was @Jugglemonkey.8741 I assume) with the trait Silent Scope.That's a different topic though.

Edited for clarity.

Ah of course. Yeah, that was a derp from me, disregard my comment

i only know how you can visually hide snipers cover perfectly.

black powder however has ontop of the harder to hide visual a very obvious sound.now what you can do is the following:blackpowder combo field is like every other field a sphere not a circle. jumping and movement doesnt cancel it.now the ring you see is were the sphere hits the ground. if you cast it and jump, the circle will be smaller, if you go on a little rock and cast it while jumping off it, the ring might be not there if the sphere is just perfectly above the ground. then you will still see the smoke but not the boundaries of the field.heartseeker will still trigger it as the hitbox of the finisher is pretty big.soo it is not really invisible, you just dont see the boundaries of the field, you will see mid air smoke. and this has been in game since ever.

or is it another thing you were referring to?

Archived