Returning polayer needs help with professions.

Nardak.9875

Hi! i played GW2 a bit in 2013-2014, and am returning now. I have these level 80 characters : Warrior, necro, Ranger and Ele.I am looking for advice on wich in between these 4 professions should be my main and my alt.What i am looking for in my main:-Simple (i have to get back into it)

• Power based (Condi builds are more complicated to me and harder to gear for)
  • Can perform well in all areas of the game
  • Be melee ( i hate ranged.)

What I am looking for in my alt:

• Condi based
  • Can perform well in any area of the game
  • Melee
  • Engaging

I own both expensions so i have acces to all elite specs.Please let me know what you think :)

Thanks for your answer ^^I was really tempted by soulbeats because it looks aweosme and it interested me since it's announcement.

As far as Warrior goes, i know Power warrior (may it be core, berserker or SB) is a thing in PVP and WvW, but what about fractals and raid? all i ever see people pl;ay on those is condi and banners?IS power sB or berserker viable in a high-end PvE environment? Cause i plan on touching to every game mode.

Main warr, pure and simple.

Alt necro - reaper. Is melee, is engaging (far more then warr) has both solid condi and power builds, only won't be loved at raids and maybe some fractal elitist teams.While he will do well in pvp (scourge support), wvw (anything really) and open world PvE (anything really).

I play necro as main, ranger as alt, and currently bit of warrior, but case is simple here - nec is 100% fun, far more engaging then any of the two.

Problem with soulbeast is that if makes a poor alt to warrior. The two are far too similar in plastyle and what they can do, especially if we're leaving druid and long range on the bench. And bad news is - sb is less useful then a warrior - both can pretty much do what the other does, but warrior is ahead in that race because of spellbreaker's boonhate, something ranger lacks and is always helpless against enemy overbuffing himself.

So i'll say again - go necro. He has many unique and fun things about him, with completely different approach to combat then a warr or ranger for that matter, which makes him fun!

@Nardak.9875 said:Thanks for all the input :) I think i have made my desicions, i will dable and play around with a few builds. Now i just gotta watch some gearing guides cause i have no clue how to gear my characters lol

If you play pvp or WvW you can earn stat selectable armor that way. The advantage is you can pick your build and then earn the pieces relatively quickly without spending a lot of money.

If you are looking to earn some easy ascended accessories the living world maps are good (but you can also play pvp/WvW and spend those currencies on the accessories as well.

In general, you should try to revisit old maps and get core Tyria masteries, then do some beginning PoF for at least the raptor mount before jumping back to HoT. The core gliding masteries in HoT are well worth getting in addition to the mounts.

I know you already picked but I recommend Reaper for your main. The damage is strong and the spec is heavy melee oriented.

Hey @saerni.2584 thanks for the advice! necro has been my favorite class all the time i've played. My main problem with it now is that it,s currently, as i hear, really difficult for necros to get into PUGs, and since i want to eventually do high fractals and raids, i feel like it might be better to play somethign else. Cause i'll be honest, i've tried some things:Warrior: Both condi and power builds i found to be rather boring. Power was playable but condi had me sleepy.Ranger: cant really speak since i dont have SB yetEle: wayy to complex i get headaches

Archived