Ancient Magics Mastery Mechanics

Temujin.7356

Since it first began with the Counter-Magic, the ancient mastery has evolved to the likes of zone only skills (Koda's Flame, Oakheart's Reach, Thermal Propulsion) and permanent skill (Spectral Aid). We've seen Counter-Magic in a few zone/areas so why not bring back (Siren of Orr) especially if we are going to the Unending Ocean. It was arguably my favorite mastery and most evolved AND story-wise it makes sense (siren, water, song, echo location?). Plus we may be running out of ideas as far as a new zone skill.

So what do you guys think? What skill can we create for future Guild Wars 2 content? Let's help Anet with ideas and concepts.

It would be nice if they threw a bone to people who have both expansions. Little conveniences for having both. It's not like we can't use PoF and LS4 masteries (The various mount upgrades) in HoT and LS3 maps. What would the harm be in adding a thermal vent or some updrafts in places they would be convenient, as long as it didn't get you anywhere you couldn't get with mounts.

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:It would be nice if they threw a bone to people who have both expansions. Little conveniences for having both. It's not like we can't use PoF and LS4 masteries (The various mont upgrades) in HoT and LS3 maps. What would the harm be in adding a thermal vent or some updrafts in places they would be convenient, as long as it didn't get you anywhere you couldn't get with mounts.

They do this a tiny bit. There are poison caves in sandswept isles that are poison unless you have the HoT poison mastery. And maybe some jump mushrooms outside the jungle? But yeah, I would love to see more things along these lines where it isn't mandatory but is a nice nod to those that got the masteries.

@Moonyeti.3296 said:There are poison caves in sandswept isles that are poison unless you have the HoT poison mastery.Huh, I remember that cave, and being very confused because everyone else was saying you had to pop Bond of Life to survive, and I wasn't taking damage. I thought it was just bugged, I didn't know the poison mastery was protecting me.

@Overlord RainyDay.2084 said:

@"Moonyeti.3296" said:There are poison caves in sandswept isles that are poison unless you have the HoT poison mastery.Huh, I remember that cave, and being very confused because everyone else was saying you had to pop Bond of Life to survive, and I wasn't taking damage. I thought it was just bugged, I didn't know the poison mastery was protecting me.

I remember the cave, and thinking "oh, all this green fog must be just a visual, that's weird, why isn't it poisonous like everywhere else that's green fog..."

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"Moonyeti.3296" said:There are poison caves in sandswept isles that are poison unless you have the HoT poison mastery.Huh, I remember that cave, and being very confused because everyone else was saying you had to pop Bond of Life to survive, and I wasn't taking damage. I thought it was just bugged, I didn't know the poison mastery was protecting me.

I remember the cave, and thinking "oh, all this green fog must be just a visual, that's weird, why isn't it poisonous like everywhere else that's green fog..."

Yeah, I assumed it was poisonous, cautiously went in and was fine, so I told my daughter it was safe. She went in and started dying and had to run out. That's when I realised it must be because I have the poison resist mastery and she doesn't. She thought I was trolling her though, lol.

Archived