[Bug]Enchanted Dragon Crown dye channel

Fundor.2098

The crown's glow dye channels are bugged on my asura elementalist. It doesn't matter what dye I apply, the glow will stay red. The circlet's eye and the tips of the horns do change color however.It's completely dyeable on all my other characters.Does anybody else have the same problem?

Good job with the design though! All three of them look great! :)

jECt5jz.png

• ArenaNet Staff

Oh! I know about this as we exchanges mails on the subject very recently. The devs are aware and are working on a correction for this. It will require a build, but we'll get it out as soon as possible within the normal build schedule.

Confirming that yes, it impactd the Asura with their light armor.

(BTW, your char is adorable. I love those teeth! :) )

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Oh! I know about this as we exchanges mails on the subject very recently. The devs are aware and are working on a correction for this. It will require a build, but we'll get it out as soon as possible within the normal build schedule.

Confirming that yes, it impactd the Asura with their light armor.

Awesome! Can't wait to have it on him all blue-glowing and everything! Thanks for all the hard work you do! <3

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:(BTW, your char is adorable. I love those teeth! :) )

(Thank you so much Gaile! He has been my main char since launch! <3)

@SakuraJD.4720 said:its the Shoes. the bottom left dye channel affects the Flames, somehow.

@SakuraJD.4720 said:and even more info on it, it seems that this only works for MALE asura. female asura are 100% unable to dye it, even through the shoes.

This is weird. I tried dyeing the bottom left shoe slot, but nothing happened for the crown. Then I started experimenting with different armor sets, and it turns out if I put on any other pants except the Genious Leggings, Guild Archmage Pants or Elonian Pants, the bottom right shoe slot will dye the glow of the crown. It does still dye the shoes as well. Each of the aforementioned pants has their own signature glow color for the crown.However, when I tried Conjurer Pants, their bottom left dye slot started dyeing the pants,

@Fundor.2098 said:

@SakuraJD.4720 said:its the Shoes. the bottom left dye channel affects the Flames, somehow.

@SakuraJD.4720 said:and even more info on it, it seems that this only works for MALE asura. female asura are 100% unable to dye it, even through the shoes.

This is weird. I tried dyeing the bottom left shoe slot, but nothing happened for the crown. Then I started experimenting with different armor sets, and it turns out if I put on
any other pants
except the
Genious Leggings
Guild Archmage Pants
or
Elonian Pants
, the bottom right
shoe
slot will dye the glow of the crown. It does still dye the shoes as well. Each of the aforementioned pants has their own signature glow color for the crown.However, when I tried
Conjurer Pants
their
bottom left dye slot started dyeing the pants,

huh.. so i guess my usage of the Mursaat Brogans and the Lunatic Acolyte pants together did something wonky... well clearly theres just an issue with the crown's dye script or something. its just looking in the wrong direction

@Fundor.2098 said:

@Ayakaru.6583 said:the glow of your eye is red? mine stays white, regardless

It's dyed by a different dye slot, so it's most likely the same way tangled as the glow of the horns, just with different armor pieces and dye slots. :)

Regardless of dyeing any of the slots i have <.<I can put pink in all 4 slots and the smoky eye stays white

• 4 weeks later...

Think we have similar issues. Seems to be affecting multiple items that are supposed to have a dyable channels for glow. I think it's pulling the wrong colors from hair/helmet color. The gloves are bright red on my Sylvari with bright red hair, and I have been able to change the gloves' glow color by changing the the dye channel on certain helmets.

Upper image as it appears to me, lower as it appears to a friend:YTApE7p.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived