Future plans for Sun's Refuge.

zealex.9410

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/55379/future-of-suns-refuge#latest

Based on this sun refuge will likely not get any more meaningfull updates. This is extremely disapointing considering it has so much potential to be a great way to introduce more content and in general long term goals through upgrading it and story progress.

I heavily suggest that the devs dont reduce it to just "click the star icon to talk to npc". Having recently played wow and a zone similar to this one (namely suramar) i see great promise in this.

I was hoping for more to be honest. Something like housing, something we could truly customize and make our own.

• customize your housing instance (setting, furniture)
  • choose which NPCs you wanna add there, which mounts , minis or pets should roam your place
  • display ALL the books you already collected since playing the game(the ones that waste space in your bank tabs)
  • display your favorite armor, weapon racks, throphies, whatever...
  • add harvesting nodes
  • add a crafting station
  • choose music from Tyria, HoT, PoF.
  • get different merchants for your home
  • a portal hub for all the places you already have unlocked per portal scrolls etc.

What did we get instead? Something like the hall of monuments. Complete a few collections and the collection items will show up in that instance(like trophies).

And the instance will likely get abandoned in the future...so much wasted potential. :/

@"zealex.9410" said:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/55379/future-of-suns-refuge#latest

Based on this sun refuge will likely not get any more meaningfull updates. This is extremely disapointing considering it has so much potential to be a great way to introduce more content and in general long term goals through upgrading it and story progress.

I heavily suggest that the devs dont reduce it to just "click the star icon to talk to npc". Having recently played wow and a zone similar to this one (namely suramar) i see great promise in this.

Based on ArenaNets history I highly doubt they would tell us outright if they had future plans for adding to Suns Refuge...all they've said is that it would be a personal content hub(to summarize)...now whether that content is all from EP4 or there will be more added in the future is something we will have to wait and see. I didn't expect any other kind of answer from the Dev, they do not reveal their plans until they're ready to...and that would even go for something like Suns Refuge.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:

Based on ArenaNets history I highly doubt they would tell us outright if they had future plans for adding to Suns Refuge...all they've said is that it would be a personal content hub(to summarize)...now whether that content is all from EP4 or there will be more added in the future is something we will have to wait and see. I didn't expect any other kind of answer from the Dev, they do not reveal their plans until they're ready to...and that would even go for something like Suns Refuge.

I hope you're right!

Archived