Renegade summons and their "jobs".

Joxer.6024

Ok, so just for the heck of it I was beating on the dummy and decided to see what each summon did. The combat log showed different damages but I wanted to know where it all came from.So, Razorclaw, in spite of thinking it was the BIG damage dealer and all that does NOTHING if you stand out of melee range and pop him on the golem. Just pulses. Jump in and start with your AA and bam, bleeds added to your poison and torment. Now, do the same with Icerazor dude, stand back and place on golem and it goes nuts with all sorts of condis! Go figure! All this time silly me ( I am sure most of you knew already) thought Razorclaw was the go to for that extra damage, when solo. Sure, he adds bleeds and that does help but wholly cow the damage the Icerazor guy does is way better (in my opinion).So, I shall sally forth and start using IceDude more and see how things handle it. Again, most of you may have already been akin to this but its new for me and kinda got me excited in that maybe there is still hope for Renegade, just with the right skills....duh! ;)

That's not exactly groundbreaking discovery - Razorclaw is a party play summon - you and 4 others get bleeds, If it's just you, nothing to scream about.Icerazor's Ire is a pure dps tool for you, yourself and thee. Obviously he'll rock on golem.

Also one is condi other power, so depending on your build one may overperform and other be garbage.

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:That's not exactly groundbreaking discovery - Razorclaw is a party play summon - you and 4 others get bleeds, If it's just you, nothing to scream about.Icerazor's Ire is a pure dps tool for you, yourself and thee. Obviously he'll rock on golem.

Also one is condi other power, so depending on your build one may overperform and other be garbage.

Yea, like I said, was new to me....a bit slow on discovering all the new "toys"....lol! ;)

@ZeftheWicked.3076 said:That's not exactly groundbreaking discovery - Razorclaw is a party play summon - you and 4 others get bleeds, If it's just you, nothing to scream about.Icerazor's Ire is a pure dps tool for you, yourself and thee. Obviously he'll rock on golem.

That's exactly what we should expect, but in reality the group condi buff sucks compare to icerazor in all case.I spend some time on the golem to gather the numbers. The damage boost given by Razorclaw (the utility giving bleed on hit to the group) is very limited. It correspond to a damage increase of 600 damage per second per person in the group, for a full condi build. While this skill consumes half the energy generation of the revenant. (not counting the gain due to legend swap). For build dealing damage in the range of 30k per second, this skill is a dps increase of 2% per person or 2% as average for the whole group. This number is quite far from the dps increase you can expect from a group buff. Just compare the numbers to ranger spirit or war banners.

This skill is clearly weak, compare to equivalent skill of other classes. Additionally, the skill consume a massive amount of energy. Just imagine an equivalent thief utility skill, consuming half their ressources generation for a 2% dps increase on the group. Nobody would play with this utility. But revenants dont have the choice, the skill is in their set, even if this skill used at its full potential is a dps loss compared to spending the energy on better skill such as icerazor's ire or simply spamming mace skill 2.

@Carighan.6758 said:The summons have a 10 target limit, right? So assuming a raid all throwing minor attacks at a raid boss, that is 80-100 bleed stacks?

They have a 5 target limit and the max amount of bleeds Razorclaw's Rage can inflict is 50, at which point he disappears if he hasn't expired due to time.

Archived