can some one post

robert.3475

Yeah the Sic 'Em Roamer build on Metabattle is pretty standard. I run a very similar variant but without Sic 'Em, using LR and QZ instead. I prefer QZ over Sic 'Em because it is both a defensive and offensive option and I find it to be much more versatile. Dolyak Stance is a solid defensive option too. Also Refined Toxins is a fantastic trait (WvW doesn't have the longer cooldown) and I much prefer it over Shared Anguish. I've never tried Durability runes. Trying out Zephyrite at the moment just for the fun of it and I do really like the superspeed uptime but you'd probably be better off with a different choice since you can't profit too much from the cele stats.

these builds are bad. use mine instead. top 50 spvp and I roam a lot got videos to prove it but I'm typing this on my phone.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnEqA1CiN8Ce8CctglJBLv3+bLuNBgGwE4JIcB+YlMt3A-j1yHABA8EAYSJY7qBgoqKhs/wjqU0jyk8vAArpLIgDBgSKtAA-w

pop moa stance whenever you're about to use either dolyak stance or elite to extend the stab duration. or when you're about to get hit by enemy because it gives you protection... unless you already have protection up. moa stance is what glues this build together with sustain while you still have really high dmg + unblockable.

@"bigo.9037" said:these builds are bad. use mine instead. top 50 spvp and I roam a lot got videos to prove it but I'm typing this on my phone.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnEqA1CiN8Ce8CctglJBLv3+bLuNBgGwE4JIcB+YlMt3A-j1yHABA8EAYSJY7qBgoqKhs/wjqU0jyk8vAArpLIgDBgSKtAA-w

pop moa stance whenever you're about to use either dolyak stance or elite to extend the stab duration. or when you're about to get hit by enemy because it gives you protection... unless you already have protection up. moa stance is what glues this build together with sustain while you still have really high dmg + unblockable.

Yikes dude.

Your build has low power, armor, healing power, and health. You have high crit chance and decent critical damage but it doesn't mean anything if you hit like a wet noodle and get 1 shot.

I just threw this together: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAtsgN8Ce8CctglJBLP3GcPuPBhLwHrJA84mAlMt3A-jlCEQBRRJG82fIRqU4P1VcoyAAcEAc3DA0FIFlGbRJ4DuEArDGAmJZC8///34zMzMzMlCQPtWA-w

It's a lot better overall.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:these builds are bad. use mine instead. top 50 spvp and I roam a lot got videos to prove it but I'm typing this on my phone.

Yikes dude.

Your build has low power, armor, healing power, and health. You have high crit chance and decent critical damage but it doesn't mean anything if you hit like a wet noodle and get 1 shot.

I just threw this together:

it has healing power to compensate for low armor and HP. extra vitality beyond 17k or so is useless unless you have healing power to compensate... and toughness is worthless when you fight condi builds. that's why healing is better. especially with the protection uptime that also works vs condi on soulbeast. having a high crit chance is more important than you think.. wouldn't want to miss important crits in a fight just because you maximize stats for PVE dps meters.

this build handles condi like a champ, outsustains warriors with passive healing from protection + regeneration, high stab uptime with boon duration.

your build has slightly more power... but less crit chance. you have more toughness, ok. more vitality... but it won't help much because no healing power.

your traits aren't set up to handle Condi as well as mine.. you're using whao which doesn't cure condi and it also has a longer cast time which makes it easier to interrupt. you also put it the effort to place the stat infusions...??????

without the infusions and foods my stats are very similar to yours but you have less protection cus you took LR instead of protect me.

You took sigil of bloodlust instead of hydromancy really?? hydromancy sigil is OP on GS swap.. bloodlust is usually only for 1 shot builds.

ALSO.. you DONt need refined toxins for a build with this much dmg. youd think you can kill tanks or healers more easily but i mean really.. i dont think so. they usually have condi cleanses to spam on top of their heals anyway so adding 1 stack of poison every 5 seconds is pretty useless. better go with the passive anti CC. that could save your life.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnEqA1CiN8Ce8CctglJB7JIcB+YNBgGwEIv3+bLulMt3A-j1yHABMpEEgnAQ+XAgHVpARVVUSp1a6C6RZS7qBEwhAIk9HmHIAcjNgtZbKJJJJRKgqUaB-w

Here is the update with food and infusions.I have nearly the same power, more crit chance, more crit dmg, more dodges ( you would have less power than me if you didnt choose the food effect ) more protection uptime, better healing sustain, better condi immunity, essential boons ( protection, fury) has basically same duration, better traits for condi and CC. aaand.. you have more toughness and slightly more quickness. OK.

@bigo.9037 said:

@bigo.9037 said:these builds are bad. use mine instead. top 50 spvp and I roam a lot got videos to prove it but I'm typing this on my phone.

Yikes dude.

1. it has healing power to compensate for low armor and HP. extra vitality beyond 17k or so is useless unless you have healing power to compensate... and toughness is worthless when you fight condi builds. that's why healing is better. especially with the protection uptime that also works vs condi on soulbeast. having a high crit chance is more important than you think.. wouldn't want to miss important crits in a fight just because you maximize stats for PVE dps meters.
  2. this build handles condi like a champ, outsustains warriors with passive healing from protection + regeneration, high stab uptime with boon duration.
  3. your build has slightly more power... like a couple of percentage points more crit dmg.. but less crit chance. you have more toughness, ok. more vitality... but it won't help much because no healing power.
  4. your traits aren't set up to handle Condi as well as mine.. you're using whao which doesn't cure condi and it also has a longer cast time which makes it easier to interrupt. you also put it the effort to place the stat infusions...??????
  5. without the infusions and foods my stats are very similar to yours but you have less protection cus you took LR instead of protect me.
  1. 300 healing power is nothing. If we both used the same heal, you'd heal for a whopping 300 more health every 20 seconds lol
  2. Our builds both have the same amount of condition clear. You have Second Skin for condition damage reduction. However, if you know how to play ranger correctly and aren't running a bunker build, Essence of Speed is better with Beastmastery. Against warriors, my build is better because it has 700 more armor and 4k more health. The 300 healing power in your build is negligible. I also have a near permanent boon uptime (including vigor and protection) which boosts my survivability.
  3. Your build has low stats on everything except for crit chance and crit damage. It lacks power, so you still barely do damage, and you lack survivability.
  4. WHaO still clears conditions with Soften the Fall traited. Again, asides from the condition damage reduction from Second Skin, we have the exact same amount of condition clear because I took Lightning Reflexes over Protect Me.
  5. No, the stats on my build are far better even without the infusions/food buffs.
  6. If we compare stats with my build's on the left and yours on the right...
    • Power - 2138 : 2144
    • Critical Chance - 47% : 62%
    • Critical Damage - 194% : 199%
    • Armor - 2765 : 2148
    • Health - 20065 : 15922
    • Healing Power - 0 : 343
    • Boon Duration - 20% : 2%

Our power and critical damage is the same, I have 15% less critical chance than you. However, my armor, health, and boon duration are much higher than yours. And of course, the 343 healing power doesn't make a difference.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@bigo.9037 said:these builds are bad. use mine instead. top 50 spvp and I roam a lot got videos to prove it but I'm typing this on my phone.

Yikes dude.

1. it has healing power to compensate for low armor and HP. extra vitality beyond 17k or so is useless unless you have healing power to compensate... and toughness is worthless when you fight condi builds. that's why healing is better. especially with the protection uptime that also works vs condi on soulbeast. having a high crit chance is more important than you think.. wouldn't want to miss important crits in a fight just because you maximize stats for PVE dps meters.
  2. this build handles condi like a champ, outsustains warriors with passive healing from protection + regeneration, high stab uptime with boon duration.
  3. your build has slightly more power... like a couple of percentage points more crit dmg.. but less crit chance. you have more toughness, ok. more vitality... but it won't help much because no healing power.
  4. your traits aren't set up to handle Condi as well as mine.. you're using whao which doesn't cure condi and it also has a longer cast time which makes it easier to interrupt. you also put it the effort to place the stat infusions...??????
  5. without the infusions and foods my stats are very similar to yours but you have less protection cus you took LR instead of protect me.
  1. 300 healing power is nothing. If we both used the same heal, you'd heal for a whopping 300 more health every 20 seconds lol
  2. Our builds both have the same amount of condition clear. You have Second Skin for condition damage reduction. However, if you know how to play ranger correctly and aren't running a bunker build, Essence of Speed is better with Beastmastery. Against warriors, my build is better because it has 700 more armor and 4k more health. The 300 healing power in your build is negligible. I also have a near permanent boon uptime (including vigor and protection) which boosts my survivability.
  3. Your build has low stats on everything except for crit chance and crit damage. It lacks power, so you still barely do damage, and you lack survivability.
  4. WHaO still clears conditions with Soften the Fall traited. Again, asides from the condition damage reduction from Second Skin, we have the exact same amount of condition clear because I took Lightning Reflexes over Protect Me.
  5. No, the stats on my build are far better even without the infusions/food buffs.

Our power and critical damage is the same, I have 15% less critical chance than you. However, my armor, health, and boon duration are much higher than yours. And of course, the 343 healing power doesn't make a difference.

Im using sigil of concentration so based on flat stats our boon duration is most likely very similar. also, ill help you do the math.My regen based on protection alone is 6900 in 20 seconds..your protection regen based on protection alone is 5180 in 20 seconds.

My base protection duration is higher than yours but with essence of speed then yea i guess its about the same if it wasnt for the fact that you dont use protect me.i have 2 more condi cleanses on a 2 second cooldown that you dont have and second skin reduces my condi dmg significantly.

The point of a roaming build is that its a jack of all trades. all your vitalty and toughness is essentially worthless as soon as you run into a scourge or condi mirage.

@bigo.9037 said:

Yikes dude.

1. Im using sigil of concentration so based on flat stats our boon duration is most likely very similar. also, ill help you do the math.My regen based on protection alone is 6900 in 20 seconds..your protection regen based on protection alone is 5180 in 20 seconds.
  2. My base protection duration is higher than yours but with essence of speed then yea i guess its about the same if it wasnt for the fact that you dont use protect me.
  3. i have 2 more condi cleanses on a 2 second cooldown that you dont have and second skin reduces my condi dmg significantly.
  4. The point of a roaming build is that its a jack of all trades. all your vitalty and toughness is essentially worthless as soon as you run into a scourge or condi mirage.
  1. Sigil of Concentration is only up 50% of the time when you swap to longbow. In an actual fight, it will be super awkward to time your boon applications to your longbow weapon swaps.
  2. I have permanent vigor from Lightning Reflexes. Perma vigor = more dodges = more protection.
  3. How do you have 2 more condi cleanses than me? The 2 condi removal I lose from taking WHaO over TU is made up for by the 2 I gain from Lightning Reflexes.
  4. Vitality is helpful against condis. Regardless, we have the same amount of condition clear. 2k health over 20 seconds is 1-2 ticks of condis. It doesn't really matter in the long run. If you play well, condis shouldn't even be on you in the first place.

My build is very good against both power and condi. Your build is significantly weaker to power due to glass-cannon-low levels of armor and condi as well due to your low health pool and the lack of an evade from LR. If I wanted, I could take TU over WHaO and Second Skin over Essence of Speed and my build would be even BETTER against condis than it already is.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Yikes dude.

1. Im using sigil of concentration so based on flat stats our boon duration is most likely very similar. also, ill help you do the math.My regen based on protection alone is 6900 in 20 seconds..your protection regen based on protection alone is 5180 in 20 seconds.
  2. My base protection duration is higher than yours but with essence of speed then yea i guess its about the same if it wasnt for the fact that you dont use protect me.
  3. i have 2 more condi cleanses on a 2 second cooldown that you dont have and second skin reduces my condi dmg significantly.
  4. The point of a roaming build is that its a jack of all trades. all your vitalty and toughness is essentially worthless as soon as you run into a scourge or condi mirage.
  1. Sigil of Concentration is only up 50% of the time when you swap to longbow. In an actual fight, it will be super awkward to time your boon applications to your longbow weapon swaps.
  2. I have permanent vigor from Lightning Reflexes. Perma vigor = more dodges = more protection.
  3. How do you have 2 more condi cleanses than me? The 2 condi removal I lose from taking WHaO over TU is made up for by the 2 I gain from Lightning Reflexes.
  4. Vitality is helpful against condis. Regardless, we have the same amount of condition clear. 2k health over 20 seconds is 1-2 ticks of condis. It doesn't really matter in the long run. If you play well, condis shouldn't even be on you in the first place.

My build is very good against both power and condi. Your build is significantly weaker to power due to glass-cannon-low levels of armor and condi as well due to your low health pool and the lack of an evade from LR. If I wanted, I could take TU over WHaO and Second Skin over Essence of Speed and my build would be even BETTER against condis than it already is.

sure it would be better against condi than it would be otherwise but.. it wouldn't be as good as mine.

I have 2 more condi cleanses with TU because are you really gonna blow your stunbreak to clear conditions with??? no. bad idea.

and seriously how many times do I have to explain to you why vitality is useless unless you have extra healing power??

sigil of concentration just closes the gap between moa stance that's all it does and that's good enough.

my food provides 40% extra dodges so yeah 10% hmm idk. vigor can be stolen / ripped but my food effect cannot.

Also my build vs power at least has high unlockable uptime. useful against DE's, warriors, guardians, revenants, rangers, engineers.you could trait for unlockable too, but then you'd start losing out on boon duration.

imagine you fight an interrupt based condi mirage.. all that 600 or was it 700 toughness? it's all wasted stats when fighting him :) and I will deal more consistent dmg because I have higher crit chance

@bigo.9037 said:

Yikes dude.

1. sure it would be better against condi than it would be otherwise but.. it wouldn't be as good as mine.
  2. I have 2 more condi cleanses with TU because are you really gonna blow your stunbreak to clear conditions with??? no. bad idea.
  3. and seriously how many times do I have to explain to you why vitality is useless unless you have extra healing power??
  4. sigil of concentration just closes the gap between moa stance that's all it does and that's good enough.
  5. my food provides 40% extra dodges so yeah 10% hmm idk. vigor can be stolen / ripped but my food effect cannot.

Also my build vs power at least has high unlockable uptime. useful against DE's, warriors, guardians, revenants, rangers, engineers.you could trait for unlockable too, but then you'd start losing out on boon duration.

imagine you fight an interrupt based condi mirage.. all that 600 or was it 700 toughness? it's all wasted stats when fighting him :) and I will deal more consistent dmg because I have higher crit chance
  1. We have the same amount of condition clear.
  2. No, you don't have 2 more condition cleanses. Lightning Reflexes also clears 2 conditions regardless of the scenario I use them in.
  3. It's not. Vitality also scales with armor against power classes and it's very helpful against conditions as well. Healing power is helpful if you HAVE a high health pool to begin with, but not necessary in the least. At low health pools, healing power isn't as effective.
  4. 50% of the time. The other 60% of the time, you have 2% boon duration since Moa Stance isn't up permanently and you don't take the increased stance duration.
  5. I have 100% endurance regeneration 100% of the time with permanent vigor. You can learn to avoid boon strips. Either way, I have higher endurance regen as you have no access to vigor whatsoever.
  6. Unblockables are fine. However, my build has permanent stability which is helpful against every class, both power and condi. Your build has around 30-50% uptime which is significantly lower.
  7. 4k health beats out 340 healing power in a condi matchup. Your extra 2k health you gain every 20 seconds will save you from a solid 1 tick of condis. The trick to fighting against condi is to not get hit by them in the first place.

@bigo.9037 said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnEqA1CiN8Ce8CctglJB7JIcB+YNBgGwEIv3+bLulMt3A-j1yHABMpEEgnAQ+XAgHVpARVVUSp1a6C6RZS7qBEwhAIk9HmHIAcjNgtZbKJJJJRKgqUaB-w

Here is the update with food and infusions.I have nearly the same power, more crit chance, more crit dmg, more dodges ( you would have less power than me if you didnt choose the food effect ) more protection uptime, better healing sustain, better condi immunity, essential boons ( protection, fury) has basically same duration, better traits for condi and CC. aaand.. you have more toughness and slightly more quickness. OK.

1. Comparing our full builds with mine on the left and yours on the right...

• Power - 2601 : 2311
    • Critical Chance - 50% : 63%
    • Critical Damage - 198% : 199%
    • Armor - 2800 : 2148
    • Health - 20022 : 15922
  2. I have 300 more power than you, 50 more without bloodlust. You have 13% more crit chance than me. We have the same critical damage. I have more dodges than you with permanent vigor and an extra one from LR. The extra dodges and boon share means that I also have a significantly higher protection (and other boon) uptime than you. I still have higher boon uptime overall with 20% base and a longer duration Moa Stance. We have the same amount of condition clears. You take one extra stunbreak with UU but I have permanent stability so ccs barely affect my build anyways.

3. We can do the math on the damage difference over 10 hits.If we do longbow autos...

• Over 10 hits at 2601 power and 50% critical chance, I would hit for 13666 damage. (917 1.9807 5 + 917 * 5)
    • Over 10 hits at 2311 power and 63% critical chance, you would hit for 13039 damage. (815 1.9998 6 + 815 * 4)
  4. If you also take bloodlust, you will do more damage than me. However, you don't. Either way, my build is still much better stat-wise overall. You're basically taking 10% extra crit chance and losing out on every other stat in the process. Again, your 300 healing power is nothing. Healing power is only useful at 700+. Anything below and the healing increase you gain isn't significant enough to warrant losing out on so many other stats.

5. Also, if you really want to insist that very low healing power is worth losing out on a lot of damage/survivability, I made this build. It has 10% less critical chance but higher everything else, including healing power. If you take WHaO over TU, it now has MORE effective healing than a 0 healing power TU while being much more effective against power builds. And, again, doing the math, this new build I made still has higher damage than yours while being tankier.

6. Lastly, with 2800 armor, I'm as tanky as a demolishers warrior in PvP. With your 2100 armor, you're about as squishy as a base ele with no toughness.

After 2 weeks play, this is my final pew pew pew roaming build.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnE8CtCiN8Ce8Cctgl9AbpJEAObPxhjwTLf9+evvnoKqLA-jVCBwA4U/JlmgKPAgY7PkXHQjjAwZlgAuEAYV+RKABFaB-w

It's a full atk build, it ends up with 3k+ power in beast mode (full stacks might and world buff can get 4k+) 100% crit chance (since we have perma fury) together with 245% crit damage. With Sick Em, I hit like a nut. Either my LB or GS combo can finish what ever class as long as one of them land once. In my exp, any status of healing/armor is waste in pew pew pew build, First, best defense is atk (I mean real hard hit), the opponent have no choice to pop up all his survival skills to avoid your burst (if he doesn't he die for sure). Second, the true defense come from mobility (to engage/disengage fight as you want) and Invulnerability (sometime when it's a close fight, this is the key to keep pressure).Burst, run, wait your burst combo CD and come back (their survival CD is definitely longer than your burst combo CD) burst again. Simple like that.

@"bigo.9037" said:

my build is in description. great dmg, high boon duration with lots of quickness and superspeed.

I don't understand you anymore :) ... till now you talked about condi cleanse, that your build (not this one from video) is so powerful vs condi build, and now you post a build who lacks in condi cleanse and protection vs conditions ... basically against a condi build you will be melted like an ice cream under the sun :D .Anyway, you move good and you know what and how to do with your class.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"bigo.9037" said:

my build is in description. great dmg, high boon duration with lots of quickness and superspeed.

I don't understand you anymore :) ... till now you talked about condi cleanse, that your build (not this one from video) is so powerful vs condi build, and now you post a build who lacks in condi cleanse and protection vs conditions ... basically against a condi build you will be melted like an ice cream under the sun :D .Anyway, you move good and you know what and how to do with your class.

well the thing is, it's kinda rare to run into a good condi mirage in wvw lately. I have trinkets ready to swap to if I know I'm about to fight a strong one. I just swap healskill and QZ for protect me, soulbeast trait for condi dmg reduction on protection.. and swap some trinket stats for zealots. I still stand by what I said about condition and my build, but it just so happens I don't run into them very often anyway. And when I do.. well you know how 99% of the players in wvw are quite bad. so I get by on my dps build most of the time. at least my dps build can run escape mirages so if I really had to I could run ooc just to swap my build lol.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Yikes dude.

Hi Shadow pass thanks for this build I'm going to try it out. What do you think of Sword/Horn and Axe/Axe over this build? I notice that Quickcry has been running with that in wvw for a while now albeit he always seems to be in a party with a few people. Which is more superior? If you say LB/GS I will probably go for making Eternity next ?

@JezzaLeo.6704 said:

Yikes dude.

Hi Shadow pass thanks for this build I'm going to try it out. What do you think of Sword/Horn and Axe/Axe over this build? I notice that Quickcry has been running with that in wvw for a while now albeit he always seems to be in a party with a few people. Which is more superior? If you say LB/GS I will probably go for making Eternity next ?

lb/gs is vastly superior to any other weapon set for roaming

@JezzaLeo.6704 said:

Yikes dude.

Lb/gs is probably the best weapon set on ranger unless you're in sPvP. When you have room to move around (which you do in WvW), longbow is much better.

@"bigo.9037" said:

Very nice gameplay! Good reflexes and mechanics. There's a few things I would've done differently but overall, solid job. Dodged the stealth mesmer burst at the start, didn't hit the FC at the end, etc. etc.

If I were to point out one or two things:

1. You leaped INTO scourge sewage a few times. Just be careful because you had low cooldowns. In one of the fights towards the middle of the video, a durability proc giving you resistance stopped you from taking a decent amount of damage. Against scourges, I would kite more and stay out of range of their shades.
  2. When a warrior swaps to greatsword, he's probably going to whirlwind once he gets close to you. Watch out for the weapon swap and get ready to dodge or gs3. I saw you used gs4 when a warrior swapped to gs. Unfortunately, our block only negates the first tick of damage from whirlwind and you get rooted during the counterattack animation, thus eating the rest of the damage from the whirl. So, again, using a dodge or gs3 is a safe way of avoiding it. Personally, I save gs3 for mobility unless I have no more dodges left.

Also, I see you changed your build! Much better than the previous iteration. Even then, I would still argue that both of the builds I linked are better stat-wise. The first build, of course, is the best out of the bunch. If we do the math comparing my first build to your current build:

• Over 10 hits at 2601 power and 50% critical chance, I would hit for 13666 damage. (917 1.9807 5 + 917 * 5)
  • Over 10 hits at 2331 power and 63% critical chance, you would hit for 13694 damage. (822 2.11 6 + 822 * 4)

As you can see, we do the same amount of damage but my build is significantly more tanky with 500 more armor and 3k more health.

Archived