Can someone explain what did I do wrong?

Tiah.3091

Yesterday I played a ranked match. G2 division.You can watch what happened in this imgur post (with comments): https://imgur.com/a/3hEClBC

In short: I was called an idiot by some "Primordial Legend" dude (who apparently should have known what he's doing). And who himself did some absolutely retarded things (at least they appeared as such to me).I don't understand: did I do something wrong, or the dude is just being salty for no reason?

First, you should remove names if you don’t want this taken down. Second, just being called an idiot is pretty light salt for a thief.

On the merits:

Your team did make up the 100 points or so you were down by. So you can’t say his choices were exactly wrong. The stalling and killing at Tranq caused them to give up the caps and let your team catch up significantly. A triple cap with a stalled tranq is pretty good for your team given the points.

It’s hard to say based on a biased set of photos what he should have done next. I might say he could have tried to intercept people coming to tranq on respawn. Assuming you were getting kills that is. But otherwise adding one more body into a messy team fight might not be decisive. Either way having someone baby sit your caps a bit isn’t a terrible idea, again given how far your team was behind by.

If tranq was lost, he could also have told the respawns to fall back to caps and let the other team take tranq. In that case you could decap most points and then continue work on catching up the points.

Just some thoughts. He might not have played the best game mechanically but there’s no way to tell from pictures. His opponent and the other factors that go into 1v1 and in team fights are pretty hard to tell without the person themselves explaining their thinking.

Primordial Legend means less than nothing. Just think about (constructive) comments and hints, that'd be fine. The newer titles mean something, since they were actually connected to your skill, but even those only to some extend. I am pretty sure he was just salty, people often focus on thieves first when they are angry. :wink:

A few things about your team @saerni.2584 already mentioned - the map awareness wasn't actually that bad. Maybe you could have stalled longer if you'd played more defensively? Maybe he expected you to be a more mobile build (did you tell him you are rifle? Did he see it at all?)? Maybe a fullcap of far was too much? Could you at some point have decided to let them take tranq and prepare for a recap? Difficult to see.

But you should remove the names quickly. Or else the thread will be taken down and maybe other people can't learn from it anymore. :smile:

What you did wrong was to, as you said yourself, throw bodies at them at tranquility. That’s the worst thing you can do, preventing tranquility like this achieves nothing because sooner or later they will get it anyways this way, because you forever will be outnumbered there. Throwing bodies 1 by 1 doesn’t give you the chance to regroup and create an equal fight. So this entire time you were at a disadvantage.What you should have done is letting them cap it and regroup with your team rather than having them wiped 1 by 1 and throw bodies at them.In the end you lost, not because they capped tranquility, but because they easily and simply snowballed you from dying there over and over.After they capped it you had no chance to regroup and therefore not recap their points.Please don’t do this in the future, sometimes letting them cap is the better option and also the best thing to do is stalemate tranquility rather than investing too many players there, especially if the then created fight disadvantages you.Try to poke them and keep people busy there while you overtake the map rather than creating a skirmish.

@Nash.3974 said:What you did wrong was to, as you said yourself, throw bodies at them at tranquility. That’s the worst thing you can do, preventing tranquility like this achieves nothing because sooner or later they will get it anyways this way, because you forever will be outnumbered there. Throwing bodies 1 by 1 doesn’t give you the chance to regroup and create an equal fight. So this entire time you were at a disadvantage.

This isn't entirely true. There's something very important that most players need to realize. Just because you get killed, or kill someone doesn't mean you get any VALUE from that kill.

If there are 5 people at tranq, and all the nodes are blue in your favor, then when the enemy team kills you down at tranq, as long as tranq remains contested, they recieve NO value from that kill (in fact they lose value from killing you because your team has gained points in the mean-time.If there are 5 enemies at tranq and all the nodes are white (contested), then when the enemy team kills you, than neither team gains any value from that kill.And if 5 enemies are at tranq and they hold all the nodes (red) then when the enemy kills you at tranq, the enemy team gain massive value from that kill.

In the pictures he provided, both players seemed to be playing what was most optimal to the team. What this comes down to, is a matter of MECHANICS...which is how long each player survived in their respective match-ups. if the dead-eye and his other two teammates couldn't survive long enough to keep tranquility contested, then it's a matter of rotation. Players that can survive should have been down in tranquility, to have a better chance at contesting the objective. If you could not kill anybody as a deadeye in that fight, then your problem is in the mechanics of your ability to secure kills and win the 3v3.

IMO, the role of a deadeye is to +1 a fight, but is more apt at plusing teamfights rather than 1v1's (unlike daredevil) This means that one more person at tranquility (perhaps the ranger) would have made it a 4v3 and may have been sufficient enough to secure tranquility. If this is a game where everyone is of the same skill level, then this would have been the most optimal play.

Archived