Its time to dust my necro :)

phs.6089

I was wondering if proper necro players could help me. I read and check some new build, healing blood scourge and want to give it a try for t4s. Prolly take it to raids when I take new guildies to training, Seems that downed trait is really what I can use in this runs. In general I wanna play something esle, something new for me.

What build will benefit blood scourge more in my case? Harrier or Plaguedoctor? Any other advise?Your help and advises are appreciated

Minor disclaimer, while heal scourge is fantastic for carrying groups as you get up to t4 fractals druid tends to be a bit more popular due to providing a wider range of offensive buffs.

That aside, I'm also going to assume "that downed trait" refers to the revival power that the Blood Magic traitline provides (correct me if I'm wrong).

The real beauty of heal scourge is that is is VERY customizable based on what you want to do with the build (admittedly a lot easier to once you have legendary armor, but still doable). In your case the two examples you provided (harrier and plaguedoctor) these both have a decent amount of supportive stats piled into them, with Plaguedoctor giving up a small amount of said supportive ability to deal a bit more in the way of damage. You can do a similar thing with a mix of Marshal's and Shaman's gear, which provides a similar amount of condition damage and healing by siphoning off the concentration stat.

It all comes down to what you want to focus on, be it damage, pure healing, revival power, etc. As you gain more experience with Scourge you can play around with it a bit more, as there is a very "smooth" transition from full support scourge to full damage scourge based on the traits and gear you run.

To start with, I imagine Harrier might be a bit easier to acquire, and will also make it a bit easier to provide (almost) enough might for a group with the concentration it provides (and the bonus duration to regeneration you apply with the Mark of Evasion trait isn't too bad either).

I use Plaguedoctor stats for my support scourge and I have been enjoying it tremendously, both in T4s and right now in Labyrinth. This stat set up is a bit of a jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none in that it provides decent enough barrier, good might duration and allows for some damage. Well it is master of one thing: power rezzing.

For condition damage, shaman is better than plaguedoctor because you get more vitality and healing for only a bit less condition damage. Concentration is useless, here, because you are tying to use Transfusion, LfD and/or RoL to res downed players. Raw healing power and the LF to spam shades is the highest priority but watch the dps cost.

For power builds, I prefer zealot over harrier both for crit potential (not being locked into specific traits) and to avoid being focused for toughness.

Even with no power, you still have 1000 power and no ferocity still gives 50% bonus damage when you crit.

If you need to "hard carry", magi is way better than cleric or apothecary but, hopefully, it won't get to that.

Feel free to mix viper or other dps stat gear into your support build if the group is not going down often. You can run support traits on glass-cannon equipment and will still get use from Blood Magic so the only reason to invest in healing and vitality is how badly your group needs a second or third healer.

@"Anchoku.8142" said:Even with no power, you still have 1000 power and no ferocity still gives 50% bonus damage when you crit.

If you need to "hard carry", magi is way better than cleric or apothecary but, hopefully, it won't get to that.

Feel free to mix viper or other dps stat gear into your support build if the group is not going down often. You can run support traits on glass-cannon equipment and will still get use from Blood Magic so the only reason to invest in healing and vitality is how badly your group needs a second or third healer.

That is what i was thinking taking to training raid and giving chances to get a kill and because i'm not a good necro, I will have bit hard time in t4s. That 30k HP is promising lol. I have a full set of light viper, I juts want to get second set and don't want to change starts after.

Why dagger if someone can elaborate on that as well please. Why dagger main hand?

MH dagger generates Life Force quickly on auto attack. Each use of a Scourge F2-F5 shade costs LF in addition to having a cool down timer. Dagger AA helps you not run out at a critical time and even lets you be "spendy" with shade skills.

One thing to remember about Necro dagger is it has no block, dodge, or immunity but is a melee weapon. Use Life Siphon, dagger 2, to restore lost health. Use it a lot. Use barrier to soak up damage when you know it is coming, too.

Life Siphon, the regen from focus if you use it, and barrier "thickness" are all affected by your healing stat so you get more out of healing than just your own heal and outgoing heal.

Vitality directly affects the maximum amount of LF you can hold so you can burst your shade skills and not be starved for LF.

Dagger helps keep that LF coming for AA faster refill.

This is why magi equipment can "hard carry." Hopefully, you will not have to carry that hard but having full sets of various gear in your bags that you can swap some, or all of, after a wipe is nice. Using heal armor with dps trinkets is great, if you can get away with it.

Archived