Swiss + on-demand AT and leaderboard

Omegaoufzor.2160

Hey there !

Some PvP players were discussing about QP on French part of the forum, and about how the AT matchmaking take them into account to place teams in the bracket.

As we should soon got Swiss style tournaments and on demand AT, could every single player have his own MMR, increasing and decreasing while playing AT with the result of the team, and could we use that MMR to got a teamQ leaderboard, and to place teams in the bracket for the first round ? I guess it should be a far better indicator of the real skill level of a player than how much QP he got, as you win as much QP in prime time as at 3 AM.

Sorry about my English, I'm a bit rusty :)

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The way QP is used will change once swiss format is in. Basically, QP won't matter much anymore outside of whether you qualify for the monthly AT.

The single elimination brackets will be built using the ranking that comes out of the swiss rounds.

Other question is: When is it coming out? It's been in development for a very long time.

• ArenaNet Staff

@The Ace.9105 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The way QP is used will change once swiss format is in. Basically, QP won't matter much anymore outside of whether you qualify for the monthly AT.

The single elimination brackets will be built using the ranking that comes out of the swiss rounds.

Other question is: When is it coming out? It's been in development for a very long time.

I can't say yet. Most of the backend work is all done. We're working on the UI part now.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

I can't say yet. Most of the backend work is all done. We're working on the UI part now.

Is it this year or probably next year?

The single elimination brackets will be built using the ranking that comes out of the swiss rounds.Was any thought given toward using QP to seed teams into swiss groups? The idea would be to spread out the stronger teams so that those teams can progress further in the single elimination bracket. If all the strong teams are in one swiss group, then some will be knocked out earlier than expected - which means far less rewards.

@Exedore.6320 said:

The single elimination brackets will be built using the ranking that comes out of the swiss rounds.Was any thought given toward using QP to seed teams into swiss groups? The idea would be to spread out the stronger teams so that those teams can progress further in the single elimination bracket. If all the strong teams are in one swiss group, then some will be knocked out earlier than expected - which means far less rewards.

The ranking comes from the swiss system itself. Basically the more you win the higher your rank. I assume that only the x amount of highest ranked players can participate to monthly as a reward from good pvp performance.

@The Ace.9105 said:

The ranking comes from the swiss system itself. Basically the more you win the higher your rank. I assume that only the x amount of highest ranked players can participate to monthly as a reward from good pvp performance.

You totally missed what I was saying.

The new daily ATs will have two parts: The Swiss part and the single elimination part. The single elimination part will likely take the top 2 teams of each swiss group and seed them appropriately. Seeding for single elimination will take some cut of the top teams by record and then seed them based on number of wins in the swiss round. That's fine.What I was talking about is how groups are formed for the swiss part. If swiss groups are made at random, it's possible to have the best teams all placed into one swiss group. From that, it's likely that all but 1 or 2 will be eliminated in the Swiss round and never participate in the single elimination round. In comparison under the current system of only a single elimination bracket seeded by QPs, the best teams (which should all have very high QP) will likely be spread out and not play each other until the semi-finals or finals.

Archived