Firebrand Mantra, Bug or Feature..?

Fluxxar.3692

So I just made a new Guardian maybe 1 or 2 weeks ago and I started playing Firebrand 2 days ago. I really enjoy FB BUT my Mantra charges disappear everytime I use a waypoint or use any other source of teleportation. Now the question, is it a bug or a feature and if it is a feature....WHY? It is so god damn annoying to channel them after every teleport. I dont see the reason to make such a decision for PvE, in PvP or WvW idc about it there may be a reason to have this in, but why in PvE tho. I don't understand it and it is f*cking annoying. Maybe just change it to 1 Stack after teleporting so it hat so regain its stacks but the way it is now feels super bad to me.

This is a minor thing but imo this would be a good QoL change for FB and I dont see any way this would make destroy balance or whatever.

To do that requires active state data to be stored on your character, so it can carry between servers..... in short, it requires significant backend changes that aren't going to happen anytime soon. This is the same reason Summons, Sigil stacks, Boons, Conditions, and flip skill reverted back to its reset state (and respects their cool down), as if you had logged off and back on. Nor do you want it to, because a bug could not only break the skill's CDs, it could also cause effects to escape containment.

I don't get how everything some how gets construed as some kind of balance decision, when its very clearly a technical behavior.

Very clearly? Ok maybe I dont have eyes, ears and a brain then. Sorry that I don't know that much about the technical part of this kind of stuff. I guess I have to punish myself now for not knowing everything about MMO's and their technical side. Sorry it will never happen again :(

@Fluxxar.3692 said:Very clearly? Ok maybe I dont have eyes, ears and a brain then. Sorry that I don't know that much about the technical part of this kind of stuff. I guess I have to punish myself now for not knowing everything about MMO's and their technical side. Sorry it will never happen again :(

Na, your question was a good one. I've had a Guardian since launch. I've messed around with Mesmer here and there, so I knew about this issue with the mantras. I actually thought it was supposed to be a PITA because you get 3 charges with it. Maybe it is a technical issue, but then that is poor engine design. GW2's code needs to be optimized better anyway (I know, that's a separate issue), but I got used to the mantra thing when thinking of it in terms of RP.

Suggestion: Now that we have mounts. Try not to use the waypoints so much. The game becomes much richer and a whole lot more fun when you aren't skipping the dynamic events by waypointing all the time.

Archived