(Spoiler) Departing JP Problem

Donari.5237

I am in the first part, in Kesho. I decided to do the JP achieve before leaving the instance. And the exalted guy is glued to me. Each time I take a step he stutter-teleports on top of me. This makes it almost impossible to walk tightropes or figure out jumps onto narrow posts.

If this Discord image link works, you can see how he's blinding me from seeing a tightrope just in front of me. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/149652082784206849/363024642098593793/gw165.jpg

I suppose I could try again next time I am here and do the JP -before- all the fighting, but it's fairly annoying to have an NPC who said "I'll stay here to guard" not staying where he was ...

@Donari.5237 said:

@Korval.3751 said:Wait until after the story instance then go back to Kesho. Exalted shouldn't be there. Or if it is it shouldn't follow you.

Oh, so that achieve doesn't have to be done in story? It is listed in the Story achieves so I thought it did.

Kesho is a location on the map that you should be able to return to.

@Korval.3751 said:

@Donari.5237 said:

@Korval.3751 said:Wait until after the story instance then go back to Kesho. Exalted shouldn't be there. Or if it is it shouldn't follow you.

Oh, so that achieve doesn't have to be done in story? It is listed in the Story achieves so I thought it did.

Kesho is a location on the map that you should be able to return to.

But the achieve is a story one and has to be done in the story instance.

I joined a friend who is trailing me in story on his run through and we did the JP first thing. Thing is, on one's first play through one doesn't know there is going to be a monster glow blob obscuring one's camera at the end.

It wasn't a huge deal, I'm not rushing to get every achieve asap on first play throughs. I just wanted to give some feedback that perhaps once one has completed the story stuff there is no real need for the NPC to follow one about, as it could potentially aggravate a number of players. Or at the very least, post a warning to others that if they are working on the achieves they may as well do that one before triggering the stuff on the ground (though I realize that with a Spoiler tag the ones most likely to have the issue are the least likely to read the warning).

Archived