I've just got a +13 agony infusion for salvaging ascended ring

@Linken.6345 said:Hope you dident accidently salvage your own swaped fractal ring

I wonder if there's any way for ANet to figure out how many times we do that. I'm sure it happens more often than we think.

That reminds me, though: I wanted to double check that the functionality of ascended sal kits didn't change since the patch, i.e. that they still have a guaranteed chance to recover all the infusions. (Watch: tonight, in fractals, I won't get any ascended rings to test it on.)

The thing is: if this was at all possible (never mind likely), it seems we would have seen other reports of this happening, especially of lesser-valued infusions. I'm not saying it's impossible. It just seems more plausible that there was an infusion in the ring that you forgot about.

To clarify... if the same thing happened to me: if I was sure I didn't have an AR+11 infusion stored on a ring (because the only use I've ever had for one of those is to build up an AR+13 for Mist Attunement and there's no reason to store it)... and then I got an AR+11 from salvaging...... I would still conclude that the most plausible thing is that I did store the AR+11 and just can't remember why or when.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The thing is: if this was at all possible (never mind likely), it seems we would have seen other reports of this happening, especially of lesser-valued infusions. I'm not saying it's impossible. It just seems more plausible that there was an infusion in the ring that you forgot about.

My thoughts exactly. I've salvaged a TON of rings/accessories and haven't had refined agony infusions drop from them, unless I already had them slotted. Either the OP had the infusion slotted, or overlooked something. More info needed.

Archived