a few PVE revenant questions

LucianDK.8615

@LucianDK.8615 said:I see power revenant builds advertising sigil of severance for the staff, but I am puzzled to why.

For non-raid places where you never will get a spotter druid to boost precision, how does sigil of accuracy stack up vs sigil of air? Without accuracy, you sit at 90% crit.

You use sigil of severance in PvE because you will only be swapping to staff to break a bar... And even then, only if you absolutely have to because being off of your swords is a huge dps loss. Since you will only be on staff immediately after a cc, you can always take advantage of how strong Severance/Impact are to help curb the dps loss you suffer for being stuck off of your swords for that 10 seconds because they are both insanely strong situational buffs (16.8% crit dmg and 10% base dmg, respectively).

The difference between Air's strikes and 7% crit is pretty negligible.... Especially in like, open world content or whatever you're thinking about where there's not a Banner War with you, since you're not really in combat long enough to see the prolonged benefits of a 7% increase in crit rate vs the extra burst air gives you. It's probably always better to go for Air (or even just Force/Impact) because when fights start lasting long enough for you to miss that 10% crit, you'll also probably be in a situation where there are druids and warriors around.

@"LucianDK.8615" said:I dont do raids at all, noone wants someone whom is hearing impaired. I was thinking of champions in the open world.

I don't think your disability should hold you back from raiding.... Probably like 90% of all pug raids I join don't use comm's anyways, and I'm sure if you just said, "There's no point for me to get on discord, I'm hearing impaired," nobody would want to be the kitten who has a problem with that. :bleep_bloop:

But yeah, as for open world champs, they all get either stunned or knocked down. I mean, there might be a rare exception to this? But not enough to build away from Impact.

@narcx.3570 said:

@"LucianDK.8615" said:I dont do raids at all, noone wants someone whom is hearing impaired. I was thinking of champions in the open world.

I don't think your disability should hold you back from raiding.... Probably like 90% of all pug raids I join don't use comm's anyways, and I'm sure if you just said, "There's no point for me to get on discord, I'm hearing impaired," nobody would want to be the kitten who has a problem with that. :bleep_bloop:

But yeah, as for open world champs, they all get either stunned or knocked down. I mean, there might be a rare exception to this? But not enough to build away from Impact.

every group/guild ive asked demands discord for voice com.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:I dont do raids at all, noone wants someone whom is hearing impaired. I was thinking of champions in the open world.

Sounds crazy man... I'm on NA, and literally no pugs use comms.

@narcx.3570 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:I dont do raids at all, noone wants someone whom is hearing impaired. I was thinking of champions in the open world.

Sounds crazy man... I'm on NA, and literally no pugs use comms.

The tricky part for him will be getting the first kills for kp since all the silent pug groups only take exp players from what I have seen.

@LucianDK.8615 said:does a barbroken mob count as disabled?

Depends on the mob. Usually if you hover over the breakbar it tells you what happens when you break it. Having a bar up or recharging does not count.

You have to take some time and look but I am sure there is a guild that suits you. My guild for example uses discord for guild events like weekly raids, and we usually encourage people to look at SC builds for raiding but we don't take it very seriously. Most of us have 10k10k ishish dps and we still have fun and kill bosses. You just have to find like minded people. That's hard sometimes especially when it is about stuff where people think they are better than they actually are and just behave like kids.

Archived