2 qol suggestions that might have been mentioned before...

Bast.7253

I'm not sure how many people would be interested in it but I can find a lot of uses for it. Especially with collection achievements...

1.) Coordinates on map overview. Would be great if you have to find a specific npc and you can just tell someone in map chat it's at 132323 by 1339023 or whatever. I remember it being really useful in WoW so having it built into the Guild Wars 2 map system would be really nice.

2.) The map selection in pvp queues taking up your entire screen and not being able to be closed or moved even after selection has always been extremely frustrating. Especially if you're dueling in the arena or dueling one of the npc's. I'm surprised with the adjustments to the system over the years that this hasn't became an option yet. Maybe it doesn't bother others as much as it bothers me.

3.) Although I've never downloaded it because it wasn't THAT important to me, I think the idea of having a radial menu for mount selection would be a great addition to the game. It's great that we have the mount and novely slots on the bottom now but it's pretty clumped up and some people don't even notice the novelty slot. Perhaps have a built in feature like the player made plugin that you can bind a specific key or keys to and then select would free up some space on the bar and make it a more user friendly. It would also free up more keybinds!

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I'm not sure how many people would be interested in it but I can find a lot of uses for it. Especially with collection achievements...

1.) Coordinates on map overview. Would be great if you have to find a specific npc and you can just tell someone in map chat it's at 132323 by 1339023 or whatever. I remember it being really useful in WoW so having it built into the Guild Wars 2 map system would be really nice.

this is something i miss from FF14, forum/reddit guides/infoposts and wikis all have coordinates to npcs or objects/etc. so looking for (or being at) the exact location is easy. the more useful aspect of it is sharing coordinates in chat (zone/party/guild/ls/etc.) where you could drop a marker and share it - it helped a lot in hunts and events(fates) etc..

(i mean as it is now, in gw2, commanders can do this and have multiple markers up. that's nice and all but everyone needs to be able to share at most 1 to the public. In ff14, to prevent clutter, it only shows it (custom marker) to your map if you click the chat link. and it would get replaced by your own or another marker if you click a new one in chat)

Archived