I did it! Condi Necro VS Condi Mirage (Video with latest build post Runes/Sigils patch)

EremiteAngel.9765

Sharing the latest build I'm using for roaming in WvW after the Runes & Sigils Patch.Also a fight to remember against the best Mesmer that I've ever faced in my WvW time spent.First win for me after 5 years of trying against this Mesmer.

P.S. If you're seeing this, thank you for being that insurmountable giant that made me challenge myself to get stronger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zparFwBi_Do

It's just Sigil of Cleansing. Before I even watched the video I was for 100% sure you would use it.

Condi mesmer is a faceroll matchup with the WvW/PvE version of that sigil. Just add Consume Conditions and a third condi cleanse (doesn't matter which one - I take mostly "Suffer!" as it works great against clones) and you will outsustain him comfortably.

That sigil is potent enough to be your only condi cleanse against a lot of condi builds - e.g. scourge. Only condi mirage demands for additional cleanses.

@"KrHome.1920" said:It's just Sigil of Cleansing. Before I even watched the video I was for 100% sure you would use it.

Condi mesmer is a faceroll matchup with the WvW/PvE version of that sigil. Just add Consume Conditions and a third condi cleanse (doesn't matter which one - I take mostly "Suffer!" as it works great against clones) and you will outsustain him comfortably.

That sigil is potent enough to be your only condi cleanse against a lot of condi builds - e.g. scourge. Only condi mirage demands for additional cleanses.

I use cleansing as well as anti toxin on my reaper build (with DM for extra Condi sustain)

It feels good to actually have a chance fighting Condi mirage.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

@"KrHome.1920" said:It's just Sigil of Cleansing. Before I even watched the video I was for 100% sure you would use it.

I use cleansing as well as anti toxin on my reaper build (with DM for extra Condi sustain)

It feels good to actually have a chance fighting Condi mirage.

Hey thats an interesting idea to pair anti toxin with Shrouded Removal!Anti toxin is a condi stat rune though.Seems a little odd to use it on a Reaper.Unless...you're a condi/hybrid Reaper!Would you share your Reaper build? Keen to see it!

That is a terrible mesmer that has next to no initial pressure - its definetly not a hybrid. Going by the gear and the amount of hp you loose with relativly few condis, thats a full condi build. They are really bad against people that can cleanse or conditransfer. A hybrid mesmer would probably have killed you without loosing any hp, vanilla necros are fodder for power/hybrids.

But gratz anyway. Braving WvW with a vanilla necro at least takes some balls, even if its on obsolete condi specs.

@"Dawdler.8521" said:That is a terrible mesmer that has next to no initial pressure - its definetly not a hybrid. Going by the gear and the amount of hp you loose with relativly few condis, thats a full condi build. They are really bad against people that can cleanse or conditransfer. A hybrid mesmer would probably have killed you without loosing any hp, vanilla necros are fodder for power/hybrids.

But gratz anyway. Braving WvW with a vanilla necro at least takes some balls, even if its on obsolete condi specs.

Despite the many powerful anti-condi tools present in the game now, personally I dont think pure condi specs are obsolete, at least not on a condi necro.Reason being we pack a ton of boon corrupts that works in overwhelming these boon builds and anti-condi tools.Particularly effective against the boon spamming builds like weavers and soulbeasts.I can't say the same for other classes/builds though as I see many classes struggle badly against boon spamming soulbeast and weaver builds who just out-heal whatever damage that is thrown at them.

I haven't encountered a fight on my condi core necro in recent months where I felt like I didn't have much of a chance to win tbh (deadeyes and soulbeasts included). And I like that feeling because even when I lost, I felt like I had a fighting chance if I had played better.

Case in point, I fought vT's warrior agriope recently at the 46min 23sec mark on his stream and won on my condi core necro despite me playing badly and making major mistakes.Condi core necro builds are actually still pretty strong and can carry average players, like myself.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333984408

• 2 weeks later...

@"Dawdler.8521" said:That is a terrible mesmer that has next to no initial pressure - its definetly not a hybrid. Going by the gear and the amount of hp you loose with relativly few condis, thats a full condi build. They are really bad against people that can cleanse or conditransfer. A hybrid mesmer would probably have killed you without loosing any hp, vanilla necros are fodder for power/hybrids.

I just beaten an Indomitable Legend title Power Mirage with the condi core necro hehe.I think that means he has crossed into legendary division in PvP or at least the wiki says so XDHe did beat me back though but this is what I like.Builds that can take on a variety of enemy builds and core condi necro does that.It was at the 2 hour 20 mins and 40 seconds mark on his stream below.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/348431517

Archived