[Suggestion] Roller Beetle Racing Decoration Ideas

Alimar.8760

With the recent update I would like to offer some ideas for the Roller Beetle Track decorations.

1. Track Bumps or Inverted Ramps. (Basically small hills that can connect to ramps or act independently as a speed bump.)
  2. Ramp B (Connects to the previous ramp and inclines the raceway to a 90 degree angle perpendicular to the ground.)
  3. Raceway Walls (Obviously to prevent people from falling off if it's high up or something.)
  4. Raceway Arrows (Because we can't place orbs like the adventures and races, some sort of big banner with arrows going right/left/up/down would be nice.)
  5. Endurance recharge gates or bubbles. (Like the bubbles we have currently in the races it would be nice to have something similar for the guild races.)

Any other suggestions? Please post them here!

Ok here we go:

1&2) Long upward & downward ramp (similar length increase as from straightaway to long straightaway but keeping the same height difference as the regular ramp, making it a much lower angle than the extreme 45 degrees)3&4) Curved left & right "curved ramp" (in effect making it a banked turn)5&6) Long curved left & right "curved ramp" (in effect making it a banked turn with a lower turning angle than 3&47&8) Long curve left & right (same as 5&6 for the flat surface ones9&10) Long upwards curve left & right (same as 7&8 but for curves going up)11&12 Long downwards curve left & right (same as 7&8 but for curves going down)

There are many possibilities to mix and match lenghts and angles but those were the ones which seem to me to give the best immediate "step up" to create tracks :)

Perhaps this is the first step in something that ANET might choose to expand upon depending on how well it goes down with the players.. with guild halls being so large, this could be an interesting new addition... might make me look in the attic and pull the covers of me ole train set and Scalextric for some creative juice. :)

A start/finish bubble (or pillars like the other races) and checkpoints are the obvious ones. We really need those. I was excited when I read about the decorations but they really fall flat without the checkpoints.

They could make the checkpoints proximity based to make them easy to lay out.

For example, lay down the start/finish first, then the next closest checkpoint to that is the 1st checkpoint in the race, then the next closest checkpoint to the 1st checkpoint would be the 2nd checkpoint and so on. You should be able to lay out a route very easy like that.

Archived