Questions about ranked pvp

Kilar.4791

There is something I can't really understand about mmr and the points you get/lose after a match.

1. Why if I do play during night hours my rating seems to lower? If I play during late night, winning a match gets me 8 points, while losing can get me 14-16 points, while during the day I can get 11-14 points for winning /losing. Does this means that I am less skilled if I play during the night? This has no sense. I know that during night hours there are less people playing, but if the rating measures my own skills, then this should not be a problem.

2. Why if I do duoq my chances to win gets higher? Every time I duoq, my rating increases, and it increases easier than soloq. Does duoqing make me more skilled? If the rating measures my own skill level, then duoqing shouldn't bring me on higher rating.

3. The more games I play during a day, the higher chances I get to lose elo points. I noticed that playing 2/3 games by day gets me higher chances to increase my own rating. I have constantly the feeling that the more I play, the more I get punished and this lands me on point 4.

4. Winning/losing streaks. Why do we have this? If I don't stop playing after a defeat I can easily land into a losing streak. After 4/5 defeat, I can get a winning streak but usually I don't get enough points back to cover the losing streak. Why does my ability to carry matches changes in this way? There a lot of matches where I can predict the outcome of the match just by looking at the names of the people in the match. There is nothing I can do during this matches to get a chance to win and usually the matches ends up 200/500 or lower. Last season I got 10 matches in a row where my team died on mid before I even capped to close at the start of the match.

I always have the feeling that the rng factor in the mmr is always to high to have an accurate rating system and since the introduction of duq over 1600+ rating, playing solo has become a real pain.

the people you are teamed up with change; so their skill rating changes based on timezone, which means you will lose less rating vs people with less rating.

organization is op, and q'ing with a person you know is competent is always going to be better then q'ing with a random who might not be.

see 1, also the more you win the higher up you go, which means you will get paired with stronger enemies which increases your odds of losing.

see 3, although not much is known about the why of streaks. there is likely something about the mmr that is wonky. it might be that population is low and its effecting who we get paired up with.

I find it funny how everyone thinks that duo Qing is an automatic boon. All duo Qing does is present you with an opportunity to utilize effective communication and teamwork. Most players don't know how to do this properly and are actually distracting each other more than anything else.

The automatic exception to this might be the default advantage that a duo pair gets by quing up as firebrand / scourge and barfing boons on each other in middle node. Pretty hard to screw that up.

There is still no point on why playing durring off-hours should bring me on lower elo. If the rating measures my skill, I should reach the same elo playing during late night or during the morning. The actual system punish you if you play during late night instead.About point 3, also this has no sense. My win rate should be the same if I do play 3 games by day or 5/6 games by day. But I noticed that the more games I do play, the lower my winrate gets.

@Sampson.2403 said:I find it funny how everyone thinks that duo Qing is an automatic boon. All duo Qing does is present you with an opportunity to utilize effective communication and teamwork. Most players don't know how to do this properly and are actually distracting each other more than anything else.

The automatic exception to this might be the default advantage that a duo pair gets by quing up as firebrand / scourge and barfing boons on each other in middle node. Pretty hard to screw that up.

I didn't say that's an automatic boon. I said that I get easier matchrs playing with a friend and this leads me to an higher elo, but my personal skill has not changed at all. So what does that number stating your rating does it really means?

ad 3)experienced the same, every single season i was able to play it appeared in that manner. on a max of 4 games a day i leave a positive win ratio. but if i dare to play more than that i will leave that day with max 40% win ratio. only pausing a day and continuing the next day again with max 4 matches will let me climb. the more i play the more blowout matches i will get - which isn't fun at all.now i can choose either to go on playing ranked and end up with a negative outcome or i get frustrated because im forced to pause but want to play.both is very frustrating.also the amount of matches i can play a day to stay positiv decreases the further we get into a season. this means at the start of a season i can play about 8 matches and to the end i am at max 4.

it`s really weird seeing that many other people experience the same "SUBJECTIVE" behavior

It's pretty much a low population issue. As you go higher you have less players, when you win too much in a small space of time game doens't have enough "your level players" to fill up your matches, then it starts placing worst to ppl in your team to play against same ppl you playing before, so you have to carry harder.

I have experienced this last week. I won 9/10 games and the madness began, then I went 3/10.

After that I never played after 2 losses in a row without taking at least a 3 hours break.

It worked wonders as my last 20 matches I had 80% winrate.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

1. the people you are teamed up with change; so their skill rating changes based on timezone, which means you will lose less rating vs people with less rating.
  2. organization is op, and q'ing with a person you know is competent is always going to be better then q'ing with a random who might not be.
  3. see 1, also the more you win the higher up you go, which means you will get paired with stronger enemies which increases your odds of losing.
  4. see 3, although not much is known about the why of streaks. there is likely something about the mmr that is wonky. it might be that population is low and its effecting who we get paired up with.

Idk, the ranking system is pretty fucked. Just lost a game against helio and toker. Theres roughly 300 mmr difference between theirs and mine, and I lost 18 mmr, next game I won I was right back at average. I don't know how it determines rating, but that is bull. Adding duo queue back was such a bad idea for ranked.

Archived