Thunderstrike Harvesting Tool

Omnicron.2467

The harvesting tool only strikes once, but the animation pulses three times. The animation increases if you use the tool with a speed-increase glyph or when equipped with a trait that increases attack, like Malicious Sorcery (mesmer - scepter) or Dual Wielding (warrior - 2x mainhand). So no, there is no multiple strikes. The glyph provided with the tool is very useful, though (chance leather on gather with type based on level). If people are striking more than once, then chances are they have a glyph that has a chance of bonus gather or they are using the Item Booster which gives extra gather chance.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:If you watch Dulfy's (or others) Thunderstrike Harvesting Tool video on YouTube does that give you the info you're looking for?

I did, no answers on those sites

@altermaven.7385 said:The harvesting tool only strikes once, but the animation pulses three times. The animation increases if you use the tool with a speed-increase glyph or when equipped with a trait that increases attack, like Malicious Sorcery (mesmer - scepter) or Dual Wielding (warrior - 2x mainhand). So no, there is no multiple strikes. The glyph provided with the tool is very useful, though (chance leather on gather with type based on level). If people are striking more than once, then chances are they have a glyph that has a chance of bonus gather or they are using the Item Booster which gives extra gather chance.

Thanks for the detailed answer. Yes I know you need the boost for the extra strike :) What do you mean the animation pulses three times? Does that not mean it would gather three times with a gathering boost active?

I'm thinking of buying this too, i don't really catch what you mean "only strikes once, but the animation pulses three times". Let say i use this on a 3-fold node (like the one in guild hall and WvW), do i need to press F 3 time to fully harvest it (like normal sickle) or i only need to press F 1 time (like Unbound Magic Harvest Blast) ?

EDIT: nvm i found my answer. According to this

it only does 1 strike. So it completely inferior to the Unbound Magic Harvest Blast on something like guild hall nodes or if using Glyph of Bounty. I think i will pass.

@"Atamazon.7062" said:I'm thinking of buying this too, i don't really catch what you mean "only strikes once, but the animation pulses three times". Let say i use this on a 3-fold node (like the one in guild hall and WvW), do i need to press F 3 time to fully harvest it (like normal sickle) or i only need to press F 1 time (like Unbound Magic Harvest Blast) ?

EDIT: nvm i found my answer. According to this

it only does 1 strike. So it completely inferior to the Unbound Magic Harvest Blast on something like guild hall nodes or if using Glyph of Bounty. I think i will pass.

In the video he did not have a gathering buff on the tool ornas a consumable

OOPS sorry, early morning comment, it should have harvested the guild nodes with one strike regardless of the buff bing absent if it worked like we wanted. Thanks for the vid

My query is about this gathering tool. Why is it when people make multiple characters as the DEV know this. They still want to make people suffer from changing this tool multiple times to be used. Swapping from character to character is a pain in the butt. If buying it as a skin is defeating the object in buying this infinite tool for being used across all my characters, Why isn't this when purchased shared across every character without having to swap from box to box. Time-consuming and needless to be done. PLEASE Change coding to allow any character on our accounts to use this tool instead of swapping across many different characters.

@Free Sprit Soul.6203 said:My query is about this gathering tool. Why is it when people make multiple characters as the DEV know this. They still want to make people suffer from changing this tool multiple times to be used. Swapping from character to character is a pain in the butt. If buying it as a skin is defeating the object in buying this infinite tool for being used across all my characters, Why isn't this when purchased shared across every character without having to swap from box to box. Time-consuming and needless to be done. PLEASE Change coding to allow any character on our accounts to use this tool instead of swapping across many different characters.

Well the obvious reason is that some people are lazy and buy a set for each character.If its that time consuming for you to have copper tools on all characters and 3 shared invetory slots with the infinite tools so you only have to dubble clickx3 when you log on the a character and dubble clickx3 when you log off maybe you should start buying more sets of tools aswell mate.

What I mean by the "animation pulses three times" is that the lighting from the animation 'brightens' three times with the thunderstrike on the third. The thunderstrike is the end of the animation, and it is usually near the end of the animation that you've gathered what you're harvesting. Skritt needs more caffeine.

Archived