How to gain Height on Griffon Mount

Hadi.3167

Its important to note you have to wing flap on the dive to get the speed boost so you probably want to start the dive at close to full stamina so you aren't waiting for the ability to flap while diving and loosing altitude.

Unfortunately it seems like about 30% of the time I try to do this stuff my griffon decides to t-pose during the dive and not let me pull up and then I die when I hit the ground and respawn with a t-posed mount. Hope they fix that bug soon because flying with super speed is awesome but its a pretty big risk at the moment.

@rabidsmiles.5926 said:Gaining height looks like a lot of work o.o

Good video though, your other one on how to properly get back up was super helpful. I kept stalling out my griffon til I saw that video, realized I have to wait to wing flap then gain height.

No probs

@Gloam Drifter.9158 said:Its important to note you have to wing flap on the dive to get the speed boost so you probably want to start the dive at close to full stamina so you aren't waiting for the ability to flap while diving and loosing altitude.

Unfortunately it seems like about 30% of the time I try to do this stuff my griffon decides to t-pose during the dive and not let me pull up and then I die when I hit the ground and respawn with a t-posed mount. Hope they fix that bug soon because flying with super speed is awesome but its a pretty big risk at the moment.

I think this bug is affecting the use of the actual number 1 button push, if you press the V (or whatever you have selected for the mounts dive button) it won't bug out...or at least that's what I've seen on posts around reddit. I like to call that bug out maneuver the 'naw, kitten you mate'...griffon just abandons you to your doom face first into the ground.

@timkunedo.4392 said:So you have to down a whole bunch of times to go up?

It's all about timing...you use the dive action, press the space bar to make it go into super speed, press and hold the pull back button, wait until you see the gold shimmer across the wings and use the wing flap. Tricky but eventually you get the hang of it. Rata Sum is an excellent place to learn it!

Archived