Happiness and Sadness this Christmas

Dahkeus.8243

Ok, story time!

Last year, my husband was working towards Winter's Pressence, but didn't think they would get it since the drink requirement for Festive Imbiber was so high. So, on Christmas night, I snuck out of bed late at night and crept down to our computers transferred some gold, logged onto their account and then consumed all but 1 drinks needed for the achieve. I then sent a mail from my account with 1 drink and a holiday message before tip toe-ing back to bed. It was a nice surprise in the morning since drinking that one drink was the only thing needed for Winter's Pressence to be unlocked.

I had been working towards this a bit myself, but skipped the imbiber achieve since I was saving up for my better half. I also skipped the Essence of Mischief and Snowfall, even though they would have been pretty cheap to knock out since I wasn't anticipating having the imbiber achieve needed to unlock Winter's Presence.

Fast forward to this year. Yesterday, after unwrapping presents under the tree, my husband led me down to our computers and had me log into my account. When I did, there was a lovely mail with 1 Glass of Buttered Spirits attached. I drank it and it dinged the Festive Imbiber achieve.

Happiness.

However, when I realized that I was also missing the Essence of Mischief and Snowfall achieves, I didn't think it would be a big deal. Then I looked up the sigil prices on the trading post and well...

looks like I'm not getting Winter's Presence this year.

Sadness.

It's not a total loss as I like having the "Spirited Drinker" title, but this definitely wasn't the outcome either expected. Maybe next year...

As the other many threads have stated, it is meant to be expensive as it is designed to be a sought after, rare acquisition. The diff this year is that you now have an alternative route with crafting which significantly reduces costs if you are prepared to gather mats off season.

Remember, this isnt designed to be done in one or two festivals. It is a long term goal

@Randulf.7614 said:As the other many threads have stated, it is meant to be expensive as it is designed to be a sought after, rare acquisition. The diff this year is that you now have an alternative route with crafting which significantly reduces costs if you are prepared to gather mats off season.

Remember, this isnt designed to be done in one or two festivals. It is a long term goal

I'm not sure if you glossed over the original post, but I'm very aware of that. This is what has made it such a special gift in the past. I don't begrudge the difficulty of the item. I'm only disappointed that the change to Sigil prices has made such a big change to the cost of the item this year vs previous years.

@Dahkeus.8243 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:As the other many threads have stated, it is meant to be expensive as it is designed to be a sought after, rare acquisition. The diff this year is that you now have an alternative route with crafting which significantly reduces costs if you are prepared to gather mats off season.

I'm not sure if you glossed over the original post, but I'm very aware of that. This is what has made it such a special gift in the past. I don't begrudge the difficulty of the item. I'm only disappointed that the change to Sigil prices has made such a big change to the cost of the item this year vs previous years.

I likely did gloss over it. Teach me to reply that early in the morn

@Randulf.7614 said:

I likely did gloss over it. Teach me to reply that early in the morn

Haha, no worries. I have done that many times myself, often with less tact than you displayed.

Archived