Kicked off EWP during loading screen

TalleFjanten.7159

Its annoying but think of what's being asked: if your loading time is 1+ minute, the wp is already down. The enemy doesn't expect anymore players to appear in that spot. It would be unfair game play for them.

All I can say is very an SSD and hope is you're told about the ewp before it's pulled.

@Ni In.6578 said:Its annoying but think of what's being asked: if your loading time is 1+ minute, the wp is already down. The enemy doesn't expect anymore players to appear in that spot. It would be unfair game play for them.

All I can say is very an SSD and hope is you're told about the ewp before it's pulled.

Didnt think of that, what if people who come in after the timer ends gets knocked down or something for a few seconds, this would give the enemies a chance to respond and i dont have to get kicked off and ported to the spawn :+1:

The way my guild plays that wouldn't be ideal. We see the EWP up, we cover the EWP. It goes down, we move off of the EWP. What if you're the last one in, but you happen to be a mes? Or you happen to be a medi guard while the ring is up and troll it long enough that your squad of 20+ arrives to save the day?

So even with a single person that's been stunned, if you weren't paying attention go the now down EWP for 15-45 seconds, that could be a game changer for the defensive side.

And if you were WP'ing in, you don't ever expect to be stunned [by the game]. You may have just become a rally bot instead of an asset.

What needs to happen is that WP'ing needs to be a faster process so more people can get in within the defined time limit for an EWP. But that's a much more complicated ask from a technical perspective involving both client side and server side performance improvements (IOW, wait for GW3).

@Ubi.4136 said:I run the game from a SSD, and I rarely, if ever, actually load in to the EWP. I can click it the second it is activated, and I almost always end up at the entrance. Server lag alone usually times me out from making it to the EWP.

Yeah SSD is only one factor. If you have high latency like I do, then each character that is loading before you queues up more models for you to load, all of which is being notified to your client at the limit provided by your connection latency, which in turn increases your load-in times. It's interesting to watch if you run gw2.exe with the -mapLoadInfo command line switch. It will show you models that are being queued for loading, queue percent loaded and total elapsed load time.

Archived