Feedback: Guild Wars 2 Mac 64-Bit Client - Page 20 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

1141516171820>

Comments

• After 4 months, we still don't know if Guild Wars 2 will be supported on Macs with ARM CPUs.

• Despite Mac marketshare increasing each year, it's clear that ArenaNet doesn't care about Mac users. When was the last time they even bothered to reply to anyone here? They just don't care.

Every other game I can think of has already switched to native Metal rendering and runs beautifully, while GW2 is embarrassingly bad. I've never seen a game company that values their players less.

• Mack.3045Mack.3045 Member ✭✭✭

@sunrun.4521 said:
    Despite Mac marketshare increasing each year, it's clear that ArenaNet doesn't care about Mac users. When was the last time they even bothered to reply to anyone here? They just don't care.

Every other game I can think of has already switched to native Metal rendering and runs beautifully, while GW2 is embarrassingly bad. I've never seen a game company that values their players less.

It's a situation that Mac users have no control over. What you can control is, choosing to run dual boot with Windows to play GW2. Not ideal, but an option that works.

• dunski.8109dunski.8109 Member
    edited November 16, 2020

I just upgraded to Big Sur and now GW2 has issues..
    I can log in, then after clicking play I get a black character selection screen, the mouse icon changes as you move around the screen and changes to hand where your character normally is. If I force quit, restart the Mac it runs correctly once, if I quit the game and restart GW2 it's back to the black screen again.

I suspect it's the egpu I'm using as if I deselect 'prefer egpu' from the launcher it seems to behave. Does anyone have any ideas?! It's pretty unplayable without egpu so putting up with rebooting the Mac each time I want to play. It ran fine no problem on Catalina.

Model Name: Mac mini 2018
    Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 3 GHz
    Memory: 32 GB
    with Blackmagic Radeon Pro 850egpu

• Wanted to report that the game does run on my Mac mini M1 with Apple Silicon (16 GB memory). Currently standing in WvW at the entrance to blue keep and looking at the castle. Getting about 30 FPS with no other players around on "Best Performance" settings.

• Works OK for me on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2018) with Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29). Alittle laggy but FPS same as on Catalina.

• Touchme.1097Touchme.1097 Member ✭✭
    edited November 18, 2020

Dear ArenaNet, I am the owner of a 64-bit Mac computer late 2015 with the latest version of OSX Catalina installed and running. I have spent 70 euros on your ultimate bundle therefore paying my support to your company in order to be able to play GW2. The market on Mac computers is increasing constantly because OpenGL is becoming a remnant of the past like Flash. Please consider continuing your support for Mac users and also consider using the Metal API to increase the performance of your game clients. Don't do the mistake to stop supporting one platform to favour the other as this is not a good business choice, it would be like cutting one limb off just because you do most of your work with one side of your body. I hope you will do serious commitments into improving the game performance for Mac users.

Regards