Infinite Gathering Tools

Naeleen.7601

Greetings, a thank you to the design team for the latest mining pick addition, despite some bugs which already posted about in the appropriate forum section, it's a lovely animation.However, please design more mining picks that match with previously released harvesting and logging tools which are not part of a set.According to wiki, there are 12 complete set of gathering tool skins, and 5 independent harvesting tools, 4 logging tools and just 1 mining tool (Shifting Sand). And it doesn't make much sense, since most of the gathering is usually about ore (rich veins etc.).If you want some suggestions:

• Glitter Bomb and Focused Solar seem similar but don't have a matching pick.
  • Consortium and Dreamcleaver are similar in the sense that they are part of season 1 story. Could have a new pick related to those times.
  • Celestial Rooster and Super Adventure Bear are both related to seasonal events (Lunar New Year and Super Adventure Box). Maybe give us one related to the Zephyrites or Crown Pavillion.

I'm sure other players who love collecting gathering tool skins will agree :)

@"Naeleen.7601" said:According to wiki, there are 12 complete set of gathering tool skins, and 5 independent harvesting tools, 4 logging tools and just 1 mining tool (Shifting Sand). And it doesn't make much sense, since most of the gathering is usually about ore (rich veins etc.).

I think it's a mistake to equate the wiki's list with ANet's. Someone editing the wiki decided it would be fun to group Thunderstrike, Firestorm, & Earthshaker together, since they share a theme. But ANet didn't mention any such theme, nor does ANet sell the three as a bundle. With enough "independent" skins, we will (ahem) naturally find commonalities.

For example, I think we can already group "Focused Solar" and "Shifting Sand" together in a "Nature's Tool Set." The Lucky Dog & Celestial Rooster, while both sickles, fit into a Lunar New Year theme.

In fact, over all, I'd prefer to see more variety and less standard themes: to me, the volatiles and the unbounds and the cosmics are less interesting because the three tools have nearly identical animations.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I've been wondering if there will ever be an option to buy or unlock tool skins, instead of having to acquire a whole new permanent tool you don't need.

1000 gems to unlock the skin or 1000 gems to unlock the skin + have an extra tool for alts. I'm happy with option 2; I don't see them selling just the skins at a discount, since it's the skins that require the dev work.

I had made a suggestion about separating the gathering tool skins from the tools themselves in the past:

• A one-time purchase to permanently enable infinite gathering on all characters of the account (players who already own an infinite tool of each type will already have this unlocked).
  • Gathering skins costing 400 gems, can be swapped via the use of transmutation charges, as it functions right now.
  • Glyphs costing 600 gems, account bound if bought with gems, tradeable if dropped from BL chests.Forcing the purchase of a certain new tool just because it comes with a (very) useful glyph is a rather cheap tactic.

Archived