Kicked from fractals Low DPS — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Kicked from fractals Low DPS

Hi guys i am new player to fractals and to the game i play from 4 5 months i do T4's and ive done all 100 fractals BUT.
Yesterday i got kicked from team for low dps i play spellbreaker bannerslave from meta battle i saw the build had pretty good score i use the same gear runes potions foods and still they kick me and was pretty rude i hope you can help me out in some way with advice ty!!

Comments

  • Your teammates were wrong, you have 2 dps dealers in group, they are responsible for dps. You are responsible for banners, cc, sometimes boonstrip. Even 6-8k dps from core warrior should be enough. Work on your skill rotations on golems and learn boss mechanics if you think that your dps should be better.

  • Orimidu.9604Orimidu.9604 Member ✭✭✭

    Laugh at their terrible priorities and move on. Don't play the game to please others who perceive themselves as "stronger".

  • Shivvies.3921Shivvies.3921 Member ✭✭✭

    Eh. I'm not really a hardcore player, pretty casual actually. I play core warrior in Fractals most of the time (I also play daredevil, druid, soulbeast etc.) and I never have done anything coming close to my static's DPS. You are expected to do like 30-40% less DPS than actual DPS under best conditions in a very meta and competent group.

    It is fine to do much less than that as long as you have your banners up, you strip boons (as spb) and are quick to CC when a breakbar appears. That lets the rest of the group do their thing. They do not understand how this game works if they expect you to be a DPS as Banner Support.

    Don't get me wrong, we have good damage potential and we CAN contribute a lot in clearing content but it is NOT our primary function.

  • I see yes it makes sense i do my best i always have banners i am quick on the break bar as you mention it was actually i forgot the name of the fractal but the boss had target me most of the time so i had to place him under those buckets to spit lava on him so how can i do dps i mean i did some but seems like not as much as the team wanted or whatever and they start complain we do ur job etc etc

  • Shivvies.3921Shivvies.3921 Member ✭✭✭

    Underground Facility.

    Well, especially if you got the elemental version, that fight can be pretty annoying for a group who doesn't know the mechanics well.

    The thing with that boss is you can only do any substantial DPS when the boss has the debuff from molten metal. It is important to make good use of the window during which the boss is debuffed. It is also very helpful for one of the people running around with you to the second spot to grab one of the banners but I digress...

    So, unless you failed to move your banners, failed to CC when (if dredge miner boss) it started healing, failed to move the boss to burn spot when you have target, it is actually the other two DPS job to burst it down. You COULD add a lot of damage especially considering that warrior is pretty bursty with To the Limit! + Eviscerate + Bolas + Whirling Axe and you'd be doing a very noticeable amount during the burn phase, it is not your main duty.

  • Ty Shivvies yes i move him correctly and cc him on the spot placing my banners do my greatsword rotation switch to axe/dagger do that too and do my best but idk prolly the dude was kitten..

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Playing the build is one part, playing it well is the other.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It happens I hope they waited untill fractal was done and you got your loot.

  • Ojimaru.8970Ojimaru.8970 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @NobodyCaresAboutMe.7604 said:
    Hi guys i am new player to fractals and to the game i play from 4 5 months i do T4's and ive done all 100 fractals BUT.
    Yesterday i got kicked from team for low dps i play spellbreaker bannerslave from meta battle i saw the build had pretty good score i use the same gear runes potions foods and still they kick me and was pretty rude i hope you can help me out in some way with advice ty!!

    Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, because this is a fundamental mistake most players have regarding builds.

    Gear, traits, food, utilities, etc. are the LEAST important part of a build.

    A player with "best-in-slot" everything who doesn't know their rotations or skill priorities will ten times as USELESS as a player who has budget equipment, but well-practiced rotations/skill priorities, and encounter knowledge. The former are the druids who camp staff, the Soulbeasts who spam autoattack after each Maul, the Warriors who use their Physical skills after Whirling Axes, and so on. Simply copying a build but not practicing, let alone understanding it, is absolutely pointless. If you want to improve, scroll further down in the build pages and practice your rotations.

    "Thief? How rude! I'm a Procurement Specialist." -Glenn Gynnafante

  • Shivvies.3921Shivvies.3921 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ojimaru.8970 said:

    @NobodyCaresAboutMe.7604 said:
    Hi guys i am new player to fractals and to the game i play from 4 5 months i do T4's and ive done all 100 fractals BUT.
    Yesterday i got kicked from team for low dps i play spellbreaker bannerslave from meta battle i saw the build had pretty good score i use the same gear runes potions foods and still they kick me and was pretty rude i hope you can help me out in some way with advice ty!!

    Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet, because this is a fundamental mistake most players have regarding builds.

    Gear, traits, food, utilities, etc. are the LEAST important part of a build.

    A player with "best-in-slot" everything who doesn't know their rotations or skill priorities will ten times as USELESS as a player who has budget equipment, but well-practiced rotations/skill priorities, and encounter knowledge. The former are the druids who camp staff, the Soulbeasts who spam autoattack after each Maul, the Warriors who use their Physical skills after Whirling Axes, and so on. Simply copying a build but not practicing, let alone understanding it, is absolutely pointless. If you want to improve, scroll further down in the build pages and practice your rotations.

    Well, you are, obviously, correct. However, especially considering they are playing a banner support build which ADDS a lot of DPS to the actual DPS role people, even if they just auto attacked they would have been doing their part as long as they were on point with their banners and CC.

    We are talking about T4 fractals, I mean, not CM100. And we're talking about banner support, not like someone picking dagger deadeye - it is not their ROLE to be top dps.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2019

    What most people said, if people expect you to do damage dealer numbers, they do not understand the meta.

    That said and as a pointer, in fractals you really need to understand when to use which warrior build. Spellbreaker is very situational and usually only used for boon denial which can be a priority in fractals IF certain instabilities are given. Otherwise you really want to run core warrior or maybe even condi berserker bannerslave.

    Don't assume Spellbreaker will perform better in a pve scenario because for pure damage it is the inferior build.

  • Just my two-cents, but as someone who regularly clears T4 with friends who don't really care too much about the meta and speed clears, the only reason anyone should have even mentioned booting you for your low DPS is if you were in some sort of speed clear group.

    It sounds to me like you have a grasp of the mechanics and what your build should be doing, which certainly puts you in good stead to comfortably complete T4s in a reasonable time too.

    The guy probably doesn't have a clue what he is talking about, or they booted you because he didn't want to boot his DPS friends who weren't pulling their weight. I wouldn't worry too much about it and move on. It sounds like you'd be welcome in any relaxed group.

    Exploring Tyria since before the fall of Ascalon.

  • Shivvies.3921Shivvies.3921 Member ✭✭✭

    @Remus Darkblight.1673 said:
    It sounds like you'd be welcome in any relaxed group.

    This, to be honest.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.