Griffon Dismount - Character Still Transformed after Dismount Bug

date, time, and time zone the bug occurred:February 12, 2019, 8:38 PM Pacific Time

name of map you're on:Domain of Kourna

your character name, level, race, and profession:Adivarr, 80, Charr, Firebrand

whether you're in a group:Alone / No

Screenshot:https://imgur.com/QnZdwue

Details:

This bug has happened to me twice within the last half hour. I will dismount by using the Griffon Ability 1 (swoop) and hear the crashing noise on the ground, but no damage comes of the ability (enemies do not take damage, and I appear to be dismounted). However, my character is standing and walking like normal, but has no access to their abilities, nor can I dismount, or mount up again. The only option after a failed swoop like this has been to relog for me.

• 3 weeks later...

@SpinDashMaster.5680 said:I usually Bond of Faith out of it now that we have that option.

How do you do this? When this happens, I press all the abilities yet I cannot dismount.

@Gudy.3607 said:That happens to me with some regularity. But all it takes to fix it for me is to hit a mount/dismount hotkey combination again.

I spam X (my dismount) as well as 1 (my dive/pounce) and all other mount abilities (Aurene mastery/bonds) and still haven't found a way to fix the bug except to log in and out. I wonder how you all are managing to do it.

@Rokusaku.1950 said:

@Gudy.3607 said:That happens to me with some regularity. But all it takes to fix it for me is to hit a mount/dismount hotkey combination again.

I spam X (my dismount) as well as 1 (my dive/pounce) and all other mount abilities (Aurene mastery/bonds) and still haven't found a way to fix the bug except to log in and out. I wonder how you all are managing to do it.

Ah, to clarify: I never use the 1-skill (dive/pounce), which indeed doesn't work for this, or the utility skills (like Bond of Faith), which I never thought to try, for getting out of that state. And I basically never use the generic mount/dismount key at all, so I can't say whether or not it works for me in that case.

Instead, I have keybinds for each type of mount (Alt+W for raptor, Shift+W for Skimmer, Ctrl+W for Springer, Alt+Shift+W for Jackal, etc.), and I generally use the keybind for the raptor (Alt+W in my case) as a generic dismount button, since hitting a keybind for any mount, while sitting on any mount, will instead dismount you. And that works 100% reliably for me to get out of that weird state. (Disclaimer: I may have to check if using the Griffon keybind will get me out of that state as well, but I can state with confidence that using the Raptor keybind will 100% get me out of that state into the normal pedestrian state.)

Archived