Looking for a second support character suggestions

JackassTheX.6351

I have 5 characters, some are release-old, some are 1 year old (been playing since release but mostly came back a year ago, had a huge gap in between). I have an Ele (DPS), Holo (DPS), Warrior (Banner Slave/DPS), a Druid (Healer/Boon Support) and Necro (condi DPS). I have a slot that I use for key farming but I'm kind of bored with key farming so I'm thinking of just committing it to a new character.

I play mostly Fractals (no CMs, just daily T4s and recs), I like them because they make good money, aren't TOO challenging with the right group comp., and don't take up so much time. I love playing both DPS and support, that's why I have different characters.

With the recent changes to the Fractal meta where Quickbrands and Alacrigades have become perfectly viable alternatives to Chrono, I'm thinking of creating a second support character. Trouble is, I really can't decide.

I always found Mesmer very confusing as a class, even in GW1, I'm just not that drawn to it. That said, despite what I've written above, a lot of times you still get "lfg chrono" entries in PUGs mostly when top-tier fracs are in question (96 and up). And it seems a very crucial role indeed. I'm just not sold on it being fun (as reference - druid to me is tons of fun), especially with the recent changes.

Likewise, I don't really "get" Revenant as a class, but I like it for two reasons, one because it's a heavy armor class (and would scratch my OCD itch of having 2 light 2 med 2 heavy characters) and another because I love the idea of pulling power from the Mists from a roleplay perspective. I just know absolutely nothing about the class and therefore whether or not it's fun to play.

Lastly... Guardian... every time I had a Firebrand in pugs, we seemed to do well and quickness was never an issue. I very much like the idea of a Guardian as a support class too, it just makes all the sense, but again, I know nothing about the class.

So in short - if you were making a boon support character in 2019, which one would you pick and why?

I would take guard.Its easy to learn and with FB you can do great as support or go for dmg.Guatd is also very versatile and good in any gamemode if you wanna derail from PvE.Rev is IMO better support as herald healer than alacrigade. But i dont like renegade so there is that.Chrono is to complicated for me too and i like it more with GS burst.

Druid first healer. Second group healer doesnt rly matter all that much. Druid will still be best and highly wanted for fractals. Raid you can use any healer as long as youbhave a druid in the first place.

Chrono is the hardest build to learn and use to its fullest ability. Not every boss should have the same build used

Heal tempest constant healing (dagger or staff build. Plz just use staff lol)

Firebrand has some boons but mainly 100% quickness and aegis spam

Rev has some boons as well as 100% alacrity and probly the strongest heals but no real unique group buffs

Then you have the scourge and ooo boy is it a double edge blade. Some people love it some people with talk shit. My raid group loves having 1. The condi cleanse is beyond stupid (sloth is ez mode i just eat the shakes) the barrier spam makes vg easy to do no greens. Youre a might bot and very high regen strength. Along with the strongest res bot build in the game. Hitting f drops a blood well you can also take blood well as your heal to double up. Your shroud 4 pulls downed allies and heals. Downed people dont drain health over time. Because shade is always up your shroud abilities hit 10 people at a time. Paired with a druid you two + the chronos straight carry the group.I also forgot take mercy runes on scourge gg ez mode

If you take a third healer for bosses heal temp or scourge are amazing

@"Zeek.6743" said:

Rev has some boons as well as 100% alacrity and probly the strongest heals but no real unique group buffs

Well... Ventari has the longer projectile denial in game, and can also straight up delete some mechanics in fractals (molten furnace last boss, chaos lightning evade thingies), can cleanse all condis on very short cd, can push enemies. Renegade has an elite that heals based on damage done (scales with pwoer though) which is super strong and in some cases, dps can completely disregard aoe damage with it. Also has one of the strongest breakbar damage skills in the game. And Alacrity. Oh, and the "allies also make foes bleed when inflicting damage" just for flavour. This is all on top of the 100% alacrity and mega strong heals. Oh yeah, assassin's presence trait. + Ferocity to allies. Yes, bit like druid "Spotter", we have that too.

Please stop sticking to some age-old concept that Revenants are useless.

• 3 weeks later...

Please stop sticking to some age-old concept that Revenants are useless.

If i thought revs were useless id say it. We run 1 chrono abd firebrigade in raids often now because the boon output is very nice and 100% quickness and alavrity to the entire squad. Having staff for the quicker cc. Quick cleanse and heals from both. Also paired with support scourge for barrier spam passive healing and ignoring mechanics. Ignore vg greens instantly eat sloth shake or send the condi right back at it and still be full life. Rev guardian and necro are amazing support classes when paired together. When the rev came out its all i played for months! The only thing ill talk bad about is that power dps compaired to condi

@Zeek.6743 said:Then you have the scourge and ooo boy is it a double edge blade. Some people love it some people with talk kitten. My raid group loves having 1. The condi cleanse is beyond stupid (sloth is ez mode i just eat the shakes) the barrier spam makes vg easy to do no greens. Youre a might bot and very high regen strength. Along with the strongest res bot build in the game. Hitting f drops a blood well you can also take blood well as your heal to double up. Your shroud 4 pulls downed allies and heals. Downed people dont drain health over time. Because shade is always up your shroud abilities hit 10 people at a time. Paired with a druid you two + the chronos straight carry the group.I also forgot take mercy runes on scourge gg ez mode

If you take a third healer for bosses heal temp or scourge are amazing

I main support scourge in all game mode and It is just awesome. Transfusion is a must for support scourge but you gotta know how and when to use it. Best way to practice is fighting those executioner bandits with a handful of pugs around. They're definitely gonna drop like flies in that fight so it's a great way to practice pulling friendlies out of harms way.

Archived