Never forget my Guardian brothers... Revenant

mrauls.6519

its nowhere name the same. Righteous Instinct gave you 50% and you could also have fury which meant you could have 70% crit chance with ZERO points in precision. And thats not counting the other traits in the radiance line..

Roiling mists just gives you an extra 20% so the max you can have with Zero points in precision is 40%. 40% vs 70% is a big deal.

Actually your forgetting Brutal Momentum Grandmaster from the Renegade which gives you a 33% bonus to critical when you have Full Endurance and before anybody mentions "Oh see you have to have full Endurance " It gives you Vigor when you get Fury so it's much easier to get to full Endurance granted it appears to have an 8 second cool down but still that's giving you 73% critical chance without any Precision from Stats and Revenant has a fair number of options to self apply Fury. I'm not saying that it should be nerfed actually all I'm pointing out is they have a rather uneven distribution on how they apply their adjustments to the various classes, personally I'm not totally against the modification to RI but it do think lowering it to 25% was more that it warranted 30, 33 or 35% would have been more enough and it would have kept it inline with the other classes in my personal view in that it would have still required a decision and some sacrifice from the player to get to the better critical chance.

ANET said they wanted to nerf RI so that other GM traits in Radiance would be more attractive. That failed.Power DPS will still take RICondi DPS will still take Amplified WrathSupport will still take Perfect Inscriptions.No new choices were created. Depending on your role, you only have 1 GM to pick.

Players say that Core Guard is too easy to get kills I sPvP.Reportedly this only happens in low ranks; in higher ranked matchups Core Guard isn't a threatStat splitting between sPvP / PvE exists

Dragonhunter is a solid DPS profession, but still on the low end of the spectrumDragonhunter can't benefit from RI as much as you would think, as retaliation can be tricky to keep up. The real beneficiary of RI was Core Guard running Zeal/Radiance and Virtues, which gave you retaliation every time you hit F1 (which is reset when your opponent dies), and that benefit was tied exclusively to their ability to wear Valk gear in some slots to boost survivability while maintaining the crit cap. DPS wise Core Guard was equal to DH; solid, but still on the lower end.

So why nerf it?

I'm not one who agrees with the idea that just because it wasn't hurting anyone, there is no reason to fix it. But at the same time, where exactly is the positive outcome from this nerf? I mean, you are supposed to make changes to abilities to make the game better, right? How does this make the game better?

• PvE DPS will remain the same or drop lower
  • sPvP in low ranks will be toned down, but Core will still struggle in higher ranks. In any case stat splitting exists for a reason
  • WvW Core Guard is bursty, but is hardly a major culprit. People play Core Guard because it was fun; if all they cared about was OTK there are many other specs that do it better.

All this has done is force PvE players, mainly Core Guardians, to lower their health pools by swapping to full Berserker gear, or maintain their current gear set but see a drop in DPS.

Let's forget that there are dozens upon dozens of REAL balance problems that should be addressed, but that's a poor excuse for doing nothing; instead again I want to know, how exactly did the game become better because of this?

Many people are saying this one trait gave too much in terms of stats. Maybe when you look at the Guardian spec as a whole, the fact that this GM GIVES this much is what makes it balanced?

The cynical side of me thinks that ANET felt it was ok to do this because according to Metabattle / SC, all Guardians are way over crit capped anyways because they run full Zerk. As someone who dislikes running T4 fractals with 11k health (9k when Frailty pops) this was not a change that needed to happen, nor will it benefit the game or it's players in any way for PvE, and for sPvP a simple stat split would have solved the issue.

@"RUNICBLACK.7630" said:Actually your forgetting Brutal Momentum Grandmaster from the Renegade which gives you a 33% bonus to critical when you have Full Endurance and before anybody mentions "Oh see you have to have full Endurance " It gives you Vigor when you get Fury so it's much easier to get to full Endurance granted it appears to have an 8 second cool down but still that's giving you 73% critical chance without any Precision from Stats and Revenant has a fair number of options to self apply Fury. I'm not saying that it should be nerfed actually all I'm pointing out is they have a rather uneven distribution on how they apply their adjustments to the various classes, personally I'm not totally against the modification to RI but it do think lowering it to 25% was more that it warranted 30, 33 or 35% would have been more enough and it would have kept it inline with the other classes in my personal view in that it would have still required a decision and some sacrifice from the player to get to the better critical chance.

Sorry i was talking about power herald/shiro rev. Does anyone seriously play renegade? Im asking honestly because ive never touched it and i havent seen any of the good twitch streamers play renegade.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Spartacus.3192" said:Sorry i was talking about power herald/shiro rev. Does anyone seriously play renegade? Im asking honestly because ive never touched it and i havent seen any of the good twitch streamers play renegade.

i know Hobo but he roams on a lot of builds. Just the other day he was on Herald/Shiro.

Can you name another one. Shiro/Herald roamers/pvpers that are skilled vastly outnumber renegade ones. At least those that stream.

@Spartacus.3192 said:

@Spartacus.3192 said:Sorry i was talking about power herald/shiro rev. Does anyone seriously play renegade? Im asking honestly because ive never touched it and i havent seen any of the good twitch streamers play renegade.

i know Hobo but he roams on a lot of builds. Just the other day he was on Herald/Shiro.

Can you name another one. Shiro/Herald roamers/pvpers that are skilled vastly outnumber renegade ones. At least those that stream.

Not off the top of my head. Hobo is also not really a good example to use because skill plays a big part in roaming, and I have a feeling he could make even bad builds work. But no, Condi Renegade is quite rare to see in WvW from my experience.

Core Guardian is now dead. It was not even really top tier to begin with. How many Core Guardians have you seen on mAT teams? How many were in the top 100 last season? Just because lower tier divisions seem to have trouble with them doesn't mean we should just make FB the only viable spec for guardian... I guess that's if you want to call Core Guardian viable in upper tier games pre nerf.

Stupid nerf by people who clearly don't understand the class. But hey, lets buff scourge and leave boon beast / holo alone because that's not even broken at all...

Archived