Make fractals great again

I used to really enjoy playing fractals, but with some of the instabilities it’s not fun anymore. Don’t get me wrong, some of them are great. Social awkwardness, the one that weakens you when far from others, the one that makes enemies gain booms when hit, boon overload, etc are really fun. The problem comes with the instabilities like birds, slippery slope, and outflanked to name a few. They aren’t too much of an issue in some scenarios but in others the make the gameplay infuriating. For example, when outflanked and birds are combined, you’ll get instantly killed by birds because of their increased damage. In fights where you need all of your dodges, and the only way to get birds off of you is to dodge, you either have to take whatever attack is coming in the face due to being out of dodges from birds, or be blinded until you have enough energy. Another particularly frustrating one is slippery slope on any fractal with jumping puzzles. The slowed acceleration on tiny platforms makes some jumps incredibly hard, and the sliding makes falling off really easy. Slippery slope also makes Shattered Observatory quite difficult because it’s hard to get to the blue marks to bounce the orbs on your head fast enough when you can’t run fast enough to get there. My overall point is that while some of the instabilities are great, some of them are just annoying. Ive had pretty competent groups give up on a fractal after spending 45 minutes on a single fight because of the instabilities. Personally, when my group gives up after that long, fractals aren’t even fun anymore and I just don’t do them u til the next day. I really hope to see some of the instabilities balanced because they can sometimes just take all the fun out of fractals.

Today my party gave up at 2nd boss in 100cm because of few bullkitten slippery slope wipes. I had less than 0 fun and decided to just skip all other fractals for today and alt+f4'd the game. Sometimes when I see certain instabilities I don't even feel like even joinin them at all.

Worst part is that they won't really cummunicate with us about them, even more so after recent purge at their studios so who knows if they are ever going to even look at instabilities.

@Critical Lag.9075 said:Today my party gave up at 2nd boss in 100cm because of few bullkitten slippery slope wipes. I had less than 0 fun and decided to just skip all other fractals for today and alt+f4'd the game. Sometimes when I see certain instabilities I don't even feel like even joinin them at all.

Worst part is that they won't really cummunicate with us about them, even more so after recent purge at their studios so who knows if they are ever going to even look at instabilities.Me too. I went with static but we all decided to abandon the 100cm after spending more than an hr on it. Not to even mention I've lost the desire to do my usual daily/harvest for the rest of the day, I just didn't login at all after quiting 100cm with slippery. At the end of it we just can't endure it anymore, I left with motion sickness and felt like there was something wrong with my body.

@Blueberry.8095 said:

@Critical Lag.9075 said:Today my party gave up at 2nd boss in 100cm because of few bullkitten slippery slope wipes. I had less than 0 fun and decided to just skip all other fractals for today and alt+f4'd the game. Sometimes when I see certain instabilities I don't even feel like even joinin them at all.

Worst part is that they won't really cummunicate with us about them, even more so after recent purge at their studios so who knows if they are ever going to even look at instabilities.Me too. I went with static but we all decided to abandon the 100cm after spending more than an hr on it. Not to even mention I've lost the desire to do my usual daily/harvest for the rest of the day, I just didn't login at all after quiting 100cm with slippery. At the end of it we just can't endure it anymore, I left with motion sickness and felt like there was something wrong with my body.

100cm shouldn't even take close to an hour lol. At best you might have to swap in some defensive utilities if you struggle with slippery slope.

@Zenith.7301 said:

100cm shouldn't even take close to an hour lol. At best you might have to swap in some defensive utilities if you struggle with slippery slope.

It really shouldn't.

Slippery can't be countered. Main reason was about the motion sickness, I felt disoriented and find it hard to get things right no matter what, it's like I can't even be in control of my character, couldn't even cast some skills on the right time while trying not to slip. Not to mention 1 of my group member felt so sick and demanded a rest straight after we quit 100cm. More than half of us just gave up on gaming that day.

Archived