WvW missing rewards after reset

Arzurag.7506

So, a new match has began and all points are resetted.

Now what I think is odd is that there´s no reward for the points that have been accumulated. In other words, nothing that I did over the past week for the server had any benefit whatsoever. Usually I don´t think about it, but currently I notice that the only thing that´s benefitial to the player(me) is getting wxp, pips, track and the loot from fallen foes.All that can be done without ever defending a captured keep or camp, ergo keeping points high by defending and holding a structure is completely useless because there´s no rewarded competition at all due the redundancy of the points.

Suggestion: Add a weekly and monthly ladder, where rewards are given based on the points accumulated by server´s wvw-players, though the rewards should only be an addition, not a necessity.

@Arzurag.7506 said:So, a new match has began and all points are resetted.

Now what I think is odd is that there´s no reward for the points that have been accumulated. In other words, nothing that I did over the past week for the server had any benefit whatsoever. Usually I don´t think about it, but currently I notice that the only thing that´s benefitial to the player(me) is getting wxp, pips, track and the loot from fallen foes.All that can be done without ever defending a captured keep or camp, ergo keeping points high by defending and holding a structure is completely useless because there´s no rewarded competition at all due the redundancy of the points.

Suggestion: Add a weekly and monthly ladder, where rewards are given based on the points accumulated by server´s wvw-players, though the rewards should only be an addition, not a necessity.

New to WvW are we?

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

New to WvW are we?

I´m only level 172 so not new and neither a veteran.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

New to WvW are we?

I´m only level 172 so not new and neither a veteran.

This has been what WvW has been for 6+ years is why I ask..

It’s a weeklong event and because you get between one and two new server opponents each week, keeping structures wouldn’t be relevant.

So, let me start:

You fight against two ‘Worlds’ (servers) during a weeklong matchup.

Tier 1

• first place : stays in T1. (Green server)
  • Second place: stays in T1 (blue server)
  • Third place: drops down to T2 (becomes green in lower server)

Tier 2

• first place : goes up to T1 (1 up) (red server in higher tier)
  • Second place : stays in T2 (blue server)
  • Third place : drops down to T3 (1 down) (becomes green server in lower server)

Tier 3

• Third place : drops down to T3 (1 down) (becomes green server in lower server)

Tier 4

• first place : goes up to T3 (1 up) (becomes red server in upper tier)
  • Second place : stays in T3 (blue server)
  • Third place : stays in T3 (red server)

That is for NA.

EU has 5 tiers so what NA says for T4 would apply for T5 EU.

Because you are facing different servers each week, to ‘keep your structures’ wouldn’t make sense.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So, let me start:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

That is for NA.

Because you are facing different servers each week, to ‘keep your structures’ wouldn’t make sense.

So I essentially get nothing ? Besides the mentioned rewards ? nothing for putting effort into gaining points ?It seems kinda weird not to have rewards based on the points.

@Arzurag.7506 said:

@Strider Pj.2193 said:So, let me start:

Tier 1

Tier 2

Tier 3

Tier 4

That is for NA.

Because you are facing
different servers
each week, to ‘keep your structures’ wouldn’t make sense.

So I essentially get nothing ? Besides the mentioned rewards ? nothing for putting effort into gaining points ?It seems kinda weird not to have rewards based on the points.

Again, your new here aren’t you?

This has been the way it’s been (as far as no tier based nor ‘winner’ based rewards) since the start. The mechanism has been tweaked to the one up one down process.

The rewards we get now actually allow us to ‘make a little’ by doing WvW. Before, upgrades cost gold, food was expensive, and there were minimal blues and greens that dropped. There were no reward tracks, pips etc.

we play because it’s fun.

Issue with this is that whenever ANet put rewards behind winning the week (that aren't trivial) everybody transfers to one server to stack it with good players to try to get the best rewards. This is really unhealthy for the game mode.

I'd like it if they at least brought back bonus rank-up chests for placement in the week. It needs something rather than just earning pips and reward track progress.

Maybe once the Alliances feature is complete Anet will have the option to put in some real rewards for winning the week.

Archived