Question About Infusions

I was looking at infusions and I have a few questions.I know that agony infusions with stats on them apply outside of Fractals, but to what extent?Same with the WvW infusions?

If I bought the fractal infusions, would the stats from there apply in WvW?Or will I need to switch out infusions all the time if I was using the same character in different modes?Will the WvW ones apply outside?

Infusions confuse me.

@Blocki.4931 said:Stats on infusions will always apply.

However Agony Resistance is worthless outside of Fractals and so is bonus damage to Supervisors and Lords outside of WvW.

@Aeon.4583 said:Stats from infusions will be applied to all game modes, except for PvP. But this works only for +5 stat. Agony resistance is useless in WvW, aswell as Bonus Damage\Damage reduction to\from WvW mobs will be useless in Fractals.

I figured the agony and reduction to wvw mobs would be useless.Wasn't sure about what aspect of the stat part.

So only +5 works? So if I have a bunch of +9 from Fractals will it just not work or will it just scale it down to a +5?

@hellsqueen.3045 said:

However Agony Resistance is worthless outside of Fractals and so is bonus damage to Supervisors and Lords outside of WvW.

@"Aeon.4583" said:Stats from infusions will be applied to all game modes, except for PvP. But this works only for +5 stat. Agony resistance is useless in WvW, aswell as Bonus Damage\Damage reduction to\from WvW mobs will be useless in Fractals.

I figured the agony and reduction to wvw mobs would be useless.Wasn't sure about what aspect of the stat part.

So only +5 works? So if I have a bunch of +9 from Fractals will it just not work or will it just scale it down to a +5?

For example: The "Mighty 9 Agony Infusion".

It gives +9 Agony Resistance when in Fractal and also give +5 Might statOutside of Fractal, It only gives +5 Might stat. The +9 AR is disabled. Nothing is scaled down from +9 to +5.

@VanWilder.6923 said:

@"Aeon.4583" said:Stats from infusions will be applied to all game modes, except for PvP. But this works only for +5 stat. Agony resistance is useless in WvW, aswell as Bonus Damage\Damage reduction to\from WvW mobs will be useless in Fractals.

For example: The "Mighty 9 Agony Infusion".

It gives +9 Agony Resistance when in Fractal and also give +5 Might statOutside of Fractal, It only gives +5 Might stat. The +9 AR is disabled. Nothing is scaled down from +9 to +5.

AH! I see, thanks so much!

Agony resistance will work only in fractals, so does WvW buffs will works only in WvW. But +5 stat will work everywhere ( not PvP ).As for myself, i have two characters.One Infused with all Fractal Infusions, with this character i do PvE, Fractals, but not WvW.For WvW i have second character with all WvW infusions.

Infusions in PvE doesn't give that much, but it allows to do little optimization.For ex. if you lack 1% crit chance to reach 60% at total, four-five infusions with +5 precision can help you.

Archived