WvW lobby in general

DemonSeed.3528

I actually thought the wvw lobby would've been some place good for new people to come and learn about WvW since you know we have like ZERO tutorials or explanations beyond being asked in /m /t and the ocassional youtube video which people don't really know are there. I had a hope that there was going to be a training ground for them, and people help explaining things, and maybe a wall or whatever to show how to do placements of siege, and learning things like disabling autotarget/snaptoground (also for placing siege and for ease of fighting in certain scenarios). I thought it was going to be a place to hold some kind of automated gvg tournaments. I thought it would be a place for people to practice their targetting with siege and to fight off any fear of having to do it in front of people or in the field and making mistakes and getting yelled at. I was hoping for anet to make it an open place for everyone to improve and get to know and learn about wvw from veterans and guilds and get recruited and even share builds. In turn if those things happened, I knew Anet would bolster more confidence and trust in everyone once again to see that they were willing to make WvW a bigger thing. The lobby could've been a nice thing to implement some of that stuff and made available to all. People could learn and practice or duel there before they go to the real WvW where there should absolutely be no hand holding. That lobby would be the safe zone before we throw them into the real lion's den where there will be no mercy, no crutches, only battle in every shape and form.

What are your thoughts on what the WvW lobby could have/should have been? What would you like to see in there or if they ever decide to make a public lobby? Should there be a public wvw lobby? Should the paid lobby only be for gvg lobby? Discuss your ideas and vision for an open wvw lobby.

Wiki, forums, guilds, in-game chat, discord/ts, online videos and guides...but yea aside from all that we have ZERO tutorials and explanations...All these things you are talking about you can do at anytime in WvW for free. Armistice Bastion is fine as is, and is something many of us have asked for many times..

OS is basically a lobby without crafting stations. If people wanted help they would ask for it. A huge majority of pugs/new players are just acting like zombies and not interacting with anyone, just blindly following a dorito or just spamming/complaining about random stuff in teamchat while being useless.

Pve and pvp already provide enough content to practice combat so there's no need for such tutorial/lobby in wvw. Siege placement is trivial and having a practice room or w/e for it is pointless. Gvg AT would be nice, but that's not what lobby is for.

It's time for Seige Razor to come back, retrofitted with a mount and superspeed for his trusty dolyak companion. He'll drop superior seige instead of Kmart seige and whIle you're waiting in the circle for an eternity to activate him he'll give informative lectures about those 40 enemies hold up in your northern tower (trebbing Garri) and why you need to release him so he can go obliterate them!

Once that tower is untainted, the dolyak (with superspeed) starts running supply to and from NC until either the tower or the camp falls. Seige Razor meanwhile, after the tower capture heads to Garrison, either to beat down the gate with his knuckles or to be on inner standby / perimeter checks as master of the Garrison Guards. At his new post of Garrison (since this is where most people afk) he'll continue his lecture series about border security for anyone that is interested.

If Garrison falls, SR returns to spawn ready to take on a tower again should he be required to do so.

*Oh yeah, and there can be AP, dailies and perhaps guild missions associated with SR (killing him, activating him or maybe a special event like donating seige you don't need to his warchest).

If there's no breakbar tutorial in PvE or one that I know of... then I seriously doubt WvW would ever get any kind of intro tutorial. No word of a lie people would probably complain that they wasted resources on a tutorial than working on the game/alliances... population imbalance w/e lol.

Well imo there should be a tutorial, an instance. Just make it full of NPCs showing them the basics as you said, siege placement... attacking NPCs throw in those professions from PvP as a group to provide examples of AoE involved in zerg fights.

The bastion could've at least let us pip out like OS. Again, it's asking way too much but bigger arena.

@HazyDaisy.4107 said:It's time for Seige Razor to come back, retrofitted with a mount and superspeed for his trusty dolyak companion. He'll drop superior seige instead of Kmart seige and whIle you're waiting in the circle for an eternity to activate him he'll give informative lectures about those 40 enemies hold up in your northern tower (trebbing Garri) and why you need to release him so he can go obliterate them!

Once that tower is untainted, the dolyak (with superspeed) starts running supply to and from NC until either the tower or the camp falls. Seige Razor meanwhile, after the tower capture heads to Garrison, either to beat down the gate with his knuckles or to be on inner standby / perimeter checks as master of the Garrison Guards. At his new post of Garrison (since this is where most people afk) he'll continue his lecture series about border security for anyone that is interested.

If Garrison falls, SR returns to spawn ready to take on a tower again should he be required to do so.

*Oh yeah, and there can be AP, dailies and perhaps guild missions associated with SR (killing him, activating him or maybe a special event like donating seige you don't need to his warchest).

It's 2am, Idek why I'm reading the gw2 forums, I hardly even play anymore because of what WvW has come to.. but THIS.. this kind of idea gives me hope that someone will make another great realm vs realm game. You sir/madam, have an amazing mind!

Archived