Question for T4 Support Chronos

Turkeyspit.3965

After the nerf to support Chrono a few moons ago, I decided to switch from running Core Guardian to Quickbrand for T4 dailies, and I usually run with a support Druid friend of mine. Since then I've seen less and less support Chronos pop up in LFG, though admittedly I'm not advertising for them in my LFG, as all I need is DPS.

As I know very little about Chrono/support Chrono, here is my question: when a support Chrono does enter my group, is it worthwhile for me to remain as Quickbrand or would I be better off swapping back to Core Guard? Last I checked, there was about a 20% difference in DPS between my two builds, so I want to be sure my quickness spam isn't being wasted because the Chrono is already taking care of it.

Thanks!

Depends on:

• how good your chrono is
  • how good people stack in the wells
  • how good fractals allow for stacking
  • if you are using pre buffing with Mistlock Singularities

In general, a chrono should be able to upkeep both quickness and alacrity for most any fight.

Quickbrand brings other benefits besides quickness in form of his utilities, which might or might not get needed to make things easier. Especially stability, which can come in handy for some fractals, can be a big benefit, a reflect bubble from Tome 3-3 can be of great use in other situations (Ice Elemental in Snowblind or Fire Elemental in Volcanic for example) or some extra aegis if the druid runs into issues.

The usual approach would be though to go full dps and revert to a druid+chrono composition.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Depends on:

• how good your chrono is
  • how good people stack in the wells
  • how good fractals allow for stacking
  • if you are using pre buffing with Mistlock Singularities

In general, a chrono should be able to upkeep both quickness and alacrity for most any fight.

Quickbrand brings other benefits besides quickness in form of his utilities, which might or might not get needed to make things easier. Especially stability, which can come in handy for some fractals, can be a big benefit, a reflect bubble from Tome 3-3 can be of great use in other situations (Ice Elemental in Snowblind or Fire Elemental in Volcanic for example) or some extra aegis if the druid runs into issues.

The usual approach would be though to go full dps and revert to a druid+chrono composition.

Appreciate the answer, and that is what I suspected.

And the utility you mentioned I could actually provide better / more frequently as a Core Guard running Virtues traitline via F3, with either Shield of the Avenger/ Wall of Reflection slotted and/or Stand Your Ground, which is why I've always preferred Core over DH.

Don't think this is too big of an issue though, as I think I've seen 1 support Chrono join my group in the past month, but good to keep in mind :+1:

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Most of pug chronos are useless. Playing Chrono is shitty without chaos, cuz if u get interrupted in cs ur boons are rip. Fb, with 30%bd has no chance of failing quickness uptime. Also chrono is forced to run soi, wor, woa time warp so it can't take feedback for reflects. Fb has reflects, access to stab with tomes and free utility spot (stab/dps/reflects) but fb alone needs alacrity (force ur friend to learn rev).If chrono would join ur group, I would tell him to drop time warp for moa/gravity well and swap woa for disenchanter/ feedback.

@Safandula.8723 said:

Most of pug chronos are useless. Playing Chrono is kitten without chaos, cuz if u get interrupted in cs ur boons are rip. Fb, with 30%bd has no chance of failing quickness uptime. Also chrono is forced to run soi, wor, woa time warp so it can't take feedback for reflects. Fb has reflects, access to stab with tomes and free utility spot (stab/dps/reflects) but fb alone needs alacrity (force ur friend to learn rev).If chrono would join ur group, I would tell him to drop time warp for moa/gravity well and swap woa for disenchanter/ feedback.

There is a spell called distort that helps against interrupts. Also you need those spells only for long fights. In most of the fights enemy will die quicker then your prestacked boons

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

Most of pug chronos are useless. Playing Chrono is kitten without chaos, cuz if u get interrupted in cs ur boons are rip. Fb, with 30%bd has no chance of failing quickness uptime. Also chrono is forced to run soi, wor, woa time warp so it can't take feedback for reflects. Fb has reflects, access to stab with tomes and free utility spot (stab/dps/reflects) but fb alone needs alacrity (force ur friend to learn rev).If chrono would join ur group, I would tell him to drop time warp for moa/gravity well and swap woa for disenchanter/ feedback.

There is a spell called distort that helps against interrupts. Also you need those spells only for long fights. In most of the fights enemy will die quicker then your prestacked boons

U underestimate the anti-power of pugs

If the Chrono switches out Well of Action for Mimic then they can solely focus on granting Alacrity and spamming Signet of Inspiration to help upkeep your boons. It is by no means near the efficiency of Quickbrand/Alacrigade but Chrono/Quickbrand can definitely play nice together.

Archived