New subclass

Zrimac.4631

My idea is to go completely high damage and low attack speed, similar to guardians basic attacks, but here with dual heavy weapons. I know it seems overpowered to have two legendary greatswords for an example, but with a lower attack speed, it would take windup and targeting with just basic attacks to work efficiently.

I'm just trying to justify my idea of having two greatswords on a single loadout.Anyone has thoughts on this?

sounds cool, would be bad.

why?

hitting hard comes with a cost, in this case slow attack speed as you allready said.howmany competitive greatsword reapers do you see? hits hard, slow attack speed..doesn't workhowmany competitive hammer warriors do you see? hits hard, slow attack speedhowmany competitive hammer heralds do you see? hits hard, slow attack speed

only class that somehow works is core hammer guard, despite auto attack chain being terribad (2 times half second last hit second and a quarter ) but that ia also because of the guards potential 100-0 burst (including precasts like shield of wrath) which other classes can't do

i think i made my point by now.

with the thousands cc's being slung everywhere around you, having slow attack speed is bad

with the thousands snares (slow,chill,cripple) esp slow (chrono bunkers, heralds, daggerbreakers, thiefs (if using steal on rev),..... attack speed that is allready low, will be reduced by yet another 50%

so ye, no thanks.

lets just fix power berserker, to make it an actually worthful power dps spec, that has better synergies with burst skills and burst upkeep skills (beerserkers power, 3 stacks) and most of the warriors would be happy allready

Weapon master subclass for an expansion, 3 weapon swaps. Could literally be like no added mechanic other than 3 weapon swaps and I will be happy. But sad that it won't be realistic anytime soon. The new weapon is.. Warrior doesn't get one. And then you you get traits that incentivize swapping to specific weapon (for example, 2 attacks become unblockable when you swap to Rifle).

Though the OP's idea would not be bad at launch. Nowadays, there are too many blinds and evades to make a SLOW casting time build or expansion rather in this case relatively work.

@melandru.3876 said:howmany competitive greatsword reapers do you see? hits hard, slow attack speed..doesn't work

Tbf, Reapers do use GS competitively but it's not used to do damage. Autoing with it is a mistake, and you should always have Shroud ready to go. It's the GS 2 you want for down-cleave, 4 for the blinds and 5 for the pull.

Archived