Bugged dungeon recipes

The following dungeon recipes now longer drop:

-Recipe: Vallog's Demise (from Vallog, CM P3)-Recipe: The Replicator (from Tazza? SE P1)-Recipe: Shukov's Launch Codes (from endboss SE P3)-Recipe: Ring of Blood (from Givna the Butcher, HotW P1)-Recipe: Alpha Conduit (from Subject Alpha, CoE P?)-Recipe: Stargazer's Pendant (from Jotun Stargazer, Arah P1)

Bugged since 2013 and counting

It's true that Recipe: Alpha Conduit was removed long, long ago.I'm curious; how do you know no one has received the other recipes?Here's a post from someone that acquired one after 2013: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/31cgwp/are_dungeon_recipes_still_dropping_in_game/cq0ao4i/Some of the Wiki pages have been updated with new information as recently as last month.

@"Ashantara.8731" said:How is it possible that several recipe aquisitions are bugged since 2013? :o That's an outrage. Not that I need them, but I am a completionist, so I want them now that I know they exist. ;)

It's unclear that they are bugged at all, let alone since 2013. (The thread linked above is from 2015, for example.)The drop rate is incredibly tiny:

►Recipe: The Replicator (from Tazza? SE P1) (dropped from Kaeyi)►Recipe: Ring of Blood (from Givna the Butcher, HotW P1) (path 1 drop, unnamed)►Recipe: Vallog's Demise (from Vallog, CM P3) (claimed to be still dropping; don't see any actual data on this one)►Recipe: Alpha Conduit (from Subject Alpha, CoE P?) The original item called for stats with Magic Find, so this recipe no longer drops. However, the actual Alpha Conduit now drops directly. Thus apparently intended, not a bug.►Recipe: Stargazer's Pendant (from Jotun Stargazer, Arah P1) (same as above: original stats had MF; item now drops directly instead of recipe)

►Recipe: Shukov's Launch Codes (from endboss SE P3)Not bugged since 2013; there are non confirmed reports that this recipe dropped for anyone in the live game. So I'd argue that it doesn't make sense to keep it on this particular list. It would be like saying it's a bug that polearms don't drop (they were designed for the game and ANet decided against sometime before launch).

Since ANet recently stated that Jewelry 500 would be a likely project after Chef 500, I think it's fair to predict that (a) they won't be doing much (if anything) about exotic jewelry|trinkets before then and (b) when they do, they might replace or supercede the recipes.

Separately, note that at least one dungeon frequenter claims to have found only 10 recipes in over 3700 dungeon paths, a rate of under 0.27%, including duplicates. The chances are that most of us won't see enough data to demonstrate whether recipes have stopped dropping generally.

For perspective, running a set of eight dungeons daily (for the gold + token reward) is 2900 paths. To decide whether any of the 19 original recipes have stopped, we'd need something like data from 40-50k worth of dungeons. So even if we heard from someone in a static running dungeons daily since 2015 (the year of the reddit post linked above), we still couldn't rule out the possibility that some of these still drop from their data alone.

Archived