The promised World/Guild balance

Malavian.4695

I've played WvW off and on through it's 6 yrs of changes. I frankly preferred play when it was accessible to casual players coming in and roaming was a possibility. Now for any new player coming in it's almost too intimidating. The top zergs are large lumps of necromancers, guardians and some rotten little revenant hiding in their sucking up all their condi (sorry, personal animus there - I WILL find you!) While there are observations being made of the most active Guilds can I also suggest looking at the composition of the characters they most often play with? A guild who is a clear WvW guild will typically dictate certain builds to join the Zerg. Since the conversion to Account wide Rank and the HoT power creep it is far more common to find a restricted number of classes at play in WvW in a committed guild. There are other roamer guilds who are WvW artifacts from the old days.

1) If the strongest WvW guilds each took charge of one server per "season" (you might even give them some naming rights for that period if it's kept respectable) then you have a dedicated zerg for that server.
2) Then restrict squad size to any who are not with that guild to a lower number say 20 or 25. Three of the next tier of guilds get "married" to the larger guild for the season.3) Every world plays against every other world for the season, good, bad or ugly.4) The dedicated zerg is locked in to only be able to battle on one map, Eternal Battlegrounds.
5) At the end of a season the guilds are measured by participation and points to determine who leads next season.
6) Create some appropriate exclusive rewards, titles or achievements.

I think that would allow you to bring back some of the casual roamer experience on the Home maps and call down the fires of heaven and hell on EBG.

@"Malavian.4695" said:I've played WvW off and on through it's 6 yrs of changes. I frankly preferred play when it was accessible to casual players coming in and roaming was a possibility. Now for any new player coming in it's almost too intimidating. The top zergs are large lumps of necromancers, guardians and some rotten little revenant hiding in their sucking up all their condi (sorry, personal animus there - I WILL find you!) While there are observations being made of the most active Guilds can I also suggest looking at the composition of the characters they most often play with? A guild who is a clear WvW guild will typically dictate certain builds to join the Zerg. Since the conversion to Account wide Rank and the HoT power creep it is far more common to find a restricted number of classes at play in WvW in a committed guild. There are other roamer guilds who are WvW artifacts from the old days.

1) If the strongest WvW guilds each took charge of one server per "season" (you might even give them some naming rights for that period if it's kept respectable) then you have a dedicated zerg for that server.

2) Then restrict squad size to any who are not with that guild to a lower number say 20 or 25. Three of the next tier of guilds get "married" to the larger guild for the season.3) Every world plays against every other world for the season, good, bad or ugly.4) The dedicated zerg is locked in to only be able to battle on one map, Eternal Battlegrounds.

5) At the end of a season the guilds are measured by participation and points to determine who leads next season.

I think that would allow you to bring back some of the casual roamer experience on the Home maps and call down the fires of heaven and hell on EBG.

If the strongest 'fight' guilds have to stand up' you have 3 problems

1. 'we need everyone on tag to wipe the enemy
  2. Roamers choose to not be on OR with tag/guild you dictate Them to listen in this ideas
  3. Everyone trying to do 'slightly enemy ppt gonna get yelled at, at IT is now only with larger measurements because their ego even gets bigger
  4. People tend to be attracted to their own kind of people because they wanna work with people who understand them (guilds only Willing to ktrain all Day are spotted on the same servers)

I agree the balance of (ppt)havock, roaming, (fight havock), small scale guilds and large scale guilds is totally fucked up':

1. PoF classes raped fight havock and cut down to certain classes
  2. Towerupgrades (siege disablers, counter trebs, shield Gens and tactivators) absolutely demolished sniping havock
  3. Mounts raped roaming and gave more credit to gankers

If you want to bring balance tot wvw, consider this three points, yes it's Alive to certain extends but it devolved greatly and i notice the salt and cheese you need to have to survive only creating more and more.

@L A T I O N.8923 said:

@"Malavian.4695" said:I've played WvW off and on through it's 6 yrs of changes. I frankly preferred play when it was accessible to casual players coming in and roaming was a possibility. Now for any new player coming in it's almost too intimidating. The top zergs are large lumps of necromancers, guardians and some rotten little revenant hiding in their sucking up all their condi (sorry, personal animus there - I WILL find you!) While there are observations being made of the most active Guilds can I also suggest looking at the composition of the characters they most often play with? A guild who is a clear WvW guild will typically dictate certain builds to join the Zerg. Since the conversion to Account wide Rank and the HoT power creep it is far more common to find a restricted number of classes at play in WvW in a committed guild. There are other roamer guilds who are WvW artifacts from the old days.

2. Roamers choose to not be on OR with tag/guild you dictate Them to listen in this ideas
  3. Everyone trying to do 'slightly enemy ppt gonna get yelled at, at IT is now only with larger measurements because their ego even gets bigger
  4. People tend to be attracted to their own kind of people because they wanna work with people who understand them (guilds only Willing to ktrain all Day are spotted on the same servers)

I agree the balance of (ppt)havock, roaming, (fight havock), small scale guilds and large scale guilds is totally kitten up':
  1. PoF classes kitten fight havock and cut down to certain classes
  2. Towerupgrades (siege disablers, counter trebs, shield Gens and tactivators) absolutely demolished sniping havock
  3. Mounts kitten roaming and gave more credit to gankers

If you want to bring balance tot wvw, consider this three points, yes it's Alive to certain extends but it devolved greatly and i notice the salt and cheese you need to have to survive only creating more and more.

Thats clearly not 3 bro..

@sephiroth.4217 said:

I agree the balance of (ppt)havock, roaming, (fight havock), small scale guilds and large scale guilds is totally kitten up':

Thats clearly not 3 bro..The fourth point is just a dating advice thrown in for good measure I think.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Thats clearly not 3 bro..The fourth point is just a dating advice thrown in for good measure I think.

It's good advice. I like long walks on the beach, trolling /t, constant fighting, and excessive particle effects on armor.

Archived