Entering the rift "bug" — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Entering the rift "bug"

When I use the Branded riftstone to enter the rift I enter the instance, kill the riftstalker, exit the instance via portal and find myself in Tyria. Then the new event starts to enter the rift again, the event is successful i enter the rift, the rift loading screen comes up and then... the map I entered from loading screen appears and I'm back in Tyria. No was to enter the rift. Even if I have another riftstone I can't enter. Is that a bug or "as intended"?

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did you wait the 10 minutes for the next Rift? Maybe try that.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Happened to me, too, on day one. Never wasted a Riftstone again ;) now that I know of this event's mechanics. Don't even know what those teleportations stone are good for since there is no point to them they way the event works.

• zerorogue.9410zerorogue.9410 Member ✭✭✭

This is bugged, I don't know what causes it, but several times I've ran the mission chain as usual (wait till :10 > kill stalker> repeat) and for some reason It boots me when I enter the rift.

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

Can confirm as well. It has been happening to me as well and I haven't been able to sort out what causes it but it will either cycle me to the map I entered the portal from, or bump me to a different one e.g. I entered in Brisban Wildlands and got punted to Kessex Hills or I enter in Iron Marches and got sent back to Iron Marches
    EDIT to clarify: This is happening for me with or without the Riftstone

• bug still going on...

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

ok i can tell you for a fact its a bug becouse i got this after i waited for 5 min and it would not let in the rift but i changed my toon and then no issue. Since i changed my toon i did not get the bug for the rest of the play time so i am gesing its a issue with serten toons or it might be a timed issue but eather way its a bug and need fixed just like the sunin cheasts and some other stuff.

• Underdark.3726Underdark.3726 Member ✭✭

this is so annyoing

• Blanche Neige.7241Blanche Neige.7241 Member ✭✭✭

Same bug happening to me from time to time.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

its becouse you took to long to kill the rift stalker before so it counts you as already done the 10m rift for this cycle not a bug.

to slow to kill or to fast? either way there should be a debuff or something that explains that we cannot enter a second rift.

New situation:
    used the stone, the load screen pops, but i don't enter the rift, but I got ported to Snowden. The event was there, I participated but still got only ported back to Snowden.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.