Entering the rift "bug" — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Entering the rift "bug"

When I use the Branded riftstone to enter the rift I enter the instance, kill the riftstalker, exit the instance via portal and find myself in Tyria. Then the new event starts to enter the rift again, the event is successful i enter the rift, the rift loading screen comes up and then... the map I entered from loading screen appears and I'm back in Tyria. No was to enter the rift. Even if I have another riftstone I can't enter. Is that a bug or "as intended"?

Comments

• Inculpatus cedo.9234Inculpatus cedo.9234 Member ✭✭✭✭

Did you wait the 10 minutes for the next Rift? Maybe try that.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

Happened to me, too, on day one. Never wasted a Riftstone again ;) now that I know of this event's mechanics. Don't even know what those teleportations stone are good for since there is no point to them they way the event works.

• zerorogue.9410zerorogue.9410 Member ✭✭✭

This is bugged, I don't know what causes it, but several times I've ran the mission chain as usual (wait till :10 > kill stalker> repeat) and for some reason It boots me when I enter the rift.

• Zushada.6108Zushada.6108 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019

Can confirm as well. It has been happening to me as well and I haven't been able to sort out what causes it but it will either cycle me to the map I entered the portal from, or bump me to a different one e.g. I entered in Brisban Wildlands and got punted to Kessex Hills or I enter in Iron Marches and got sent back to Iron Marches
    EDIT to clarify: This is happening for me with or without the Riftstone

• bug still going on...

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

ok i can tell you for a fact its a bug becouse i got this after i waited for 5 min and it would not let in the rift but i changed my toon and then no issue. Since i changed my toon i did not get the bug for the rest of the play time so i am gesing its a issue with serten toons or it might be a timed issue but eather way its a bug and need fixed just like the sunin cheasts and some other stuff.

• Underdark.3726Underdark.3726 Member ✭✭

this is so annyoing

• Blanche Neige.7241Blanche Neige.7241 Member ✭✭✭

Same bug happening to me from time to time.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

its becouse you took to long to kill the rift stalker before so it counts you as already done the 10m rift for this cycle not a bug.

to slow to kill or to fast? either way there should be a debuff or something that explains that we cannot enter a second rift.

New situation:
    used the stone, the load screen pops, but i don't enter the rift, but I got ported to Snowden. The event was there, I participated but still got only ported back to Snowden.