Longer time to revive

EMPI.4013

PVP is not my strong suit, however I can't understand why reviving someone back to full health after they have been downed takes like 5 seconds. Its ridiculous in my opinion, how a guardian can just take the damage of 3 people and shield and revive their downed ally, in 3 seconds. I imagine the revive times have stayed the same since the launch of the game which makes it seem kind of outdated. So I suggest making it either take longer to revive a downed ally or just making it so you can't revive them while in combat or something. This is just a suggestion and I am not a seasoned pvp'er.

on wiki, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival#Traits_that_improve_reviving

me personally would actually prefer no down state, your hp gets to 0 you are defeatedespecially annoyed to see allies leaving an enemy ranger along and run off, or people just screwing around keeping you down continuously by hit you once every now and then to keep you in down state as long as possible

Guardian revive can be counterplayed by either CCing them on the approach or doing so with the downed body.Putting hard pressure on the reviver to make it risky to revive the target without potentially going down also helps, but it depends on your group actually being capable of doing such a thing.

Revive speed has been the same since launchWell, there was a time when Quickness/Slow affected revive/stomping sometime before, so thats not entirely true.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:on wiki, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival#Traits_that_improve_reviving

me personally would actually prefer no down state, your hp gets to 0 you are defeatedespecially annoyed to see allies leaving an enemy ranger along and run off, or people just screwing around keeping you down continuously by hit you once every now and then to keep you in down state as long as possible

That would favor burst builds way too heavily, I think. I kinda like that Downstate gives a chance at making a revive play, be it signet res from Guardian, Stealth (and possibly shrink) Res from Engineer, and so on to help stave off the enemy's momentum. It also has some counterplay (heavy AoE/Cleave and CC around downed players/reviver), on top of other interactions that could come from it. I also think there is some nuance to deciding whether to bleed out a target or to finish them immediately (especially if they can self-res or reach an ally if left alone) that instant death would remove...

@Euthymias.7984 said:Guardian revive can be counterplayed by either CCing them on the approach or doing so with the downed body.Putting hard pressure on the reviver to make it risky to revive the target without potentially going down also helps, but it depends on your group actually being capable of doing such a thing.

Revive speed has been the same since launchWell, there was a time when Quickness/Slow affected revive/stomping sometime before, so thats not entirely true.

We dont talk about that time anymore lol.

Also you are stating you want a longer revive time with todays standards so the fact quickness/slow impacted it at one point is moot.

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

We dont talk about that time anymore lol.

Also you are stating you want a longer revive time with todays standards so the fact quickness/slow impacted it at one point is moot.

I'm saying that there were times where it could be faster way back, but I dont think the current speed of revives need changing when there's counterplay to people going for it these days.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:on wiki, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Revival#Traits_that_improve_reviving

You could just let yourself die instead. Leaving someone in downed state by smacking them when they get close to reviving is a valid tactic. Keeps em out of the fight longer than just outright killing em.

If you use powercreep as an excuse, you should be making ressing faster, not slower. It is 2012 design but it's pretty solid design as in it has withstood the test of time, and is as relevant a part of the game as it was back then.I could see a no-downstate-week event in PvP as well but personally I'll just stop playing for that duration. Downstate is a big part of this game, and is one of the reasons I like it over other MMO's. Having no downstate invalidates so many builds that I don't believe PvP even being fun without it. It'll just be a week of people 1-shotting each other, and see who 1-shots better.