can someone open a pvp school ? or can stats become more accurate?

Balsa.3951

Dunning Krueger effect is strong with all of us. And sadly its very hard to know if u are good in pvp at all. I struggle a lot with defend or go decap. The stats in the end celebrate u as top everything but ur team still lost and team mates may still tell u u are the nub.

how can we know we are good?

i give an example once i was testing a new selfmade build i died 10 times i was one shotted i made zero dmg still we won.... the game seems so extreme random how could my team win with me ?

other pvp games are easier u kill a lot u win here its so situational and comb depended. The bad balance does the rest and a system which tries to punish u when u win to much

@"Balsa.3951" said:Dunning Krueger effect is strong with all of us. And sadly its very hard to know if u are good in pvp at all. I struggle a lot with defend or go decap. The stats in the end celebrate u as top everything but ur team still lost and team mates may still tell u u are the nub.

how can we know we are good?

i give an example once i was testing a new selfmade build i died 10 times i was one shotted i made zero dmg still we won.... the game seems so extreme random how could my team win with me ?

other pvp games are easier u kill a lot u win here its so situational and comb depended. The bad balance does the rest and a system which tries to punish u when u win to much

If i'm understanding this correctly, I feel like you just have a misunderstanding of the stats. The stats are just to show you who did the TOP [insert x variable] per game, not necessarily who is "good" at PvP. Most kills, most damage, most heals, most offense, defense and revive. None of this actually means anything in regards to how good you are per say in PvP other than maybe "offense and defense" points.

Let's assume we're talking about conquest, to be good at it, you have to grasp the strategy of rotating and capturing points. Knowing where and how to position yourself. When to engage in combat and when you disengage. There are many threads on the forum that go into this.

I found this discussion to be kind of interesting. Common errors or misconceptions people have playing PvP (conquest).https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/75155/the-10-most-common-errors-and-misconceptions-of-conquest-pvp

well you know you're bad when you're convinced you can't improve anymore.I guess in this game, maintaining a good kill to death ratio, doing good rotations, and making smart plays as well as mechanical skill all contribute to being good or not. like glockboy said top stats aren't a good indicator either way. you could spend the entire match beating on a bunker; getting top damage, healing and offense, while fighting on a capped point, leaving your team to fight 4v5.

the only thing that matters is if you winning more than losing, then you know you're better than the average players of that mmr range. You can't consistently win more matches than lose just by luck you gotta be doing something right to achieve such a thing.

@James.1065 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:you could spend the entire match beating on a bunker; getting top damage, healing and offense, while fighting on a capped point, leaving your team to fight 4v5.

If you pounding on a bunker then your team will actually be 4v4, but whose counting anyway! ;)

technically true, wrong in practice since fighting on their capped point with no hope of killing the enemy in a realistic time period is bad.on second thought, I can't compute humor in tryhard mode :O