Dwarves and the Durmand Priory that made them mortal again.

Jabari.7026

After the Transformation of the Dwarves, dwarven biology changed significantly. The race became creatures of undying stone, linked together by a kind of collective consciousness that gives them purpose. They are immortal in the sense that they do not die of old age or disease, but can still be killed by other means. From the transformation, their minds have been altered on top of being linked together, driving them to fight the destroyers with unyielding fervency.What if the Durmand priory found a way to reverse it and the Dwarves became mortal again.

• Will the race be saved?
  • Would there be enough Dwarves to reproduce?

If so how would you like/say that would happen?

All we've seen are two dwarves: Ogden and Rhoban. Rhoban is in pieces, it would NOT be pretty if we restored him to normal. And we've seen no female dwarves. Actually, we never have. It's not revealed how they reproduce. Either A, the women stay home all the time and never go to battle, in which case they would never last against the destroyers, or B, the females look exactly like the males. Option B would be absolutely ridiculous in the story. And if they suddenly brought a ton of dwarves forward for no reason, that would be too spontaneous and lazy. I think the dwarves will stay like they are: Extinct. It'd be cool if Ogden could stick around for longer if they make more games someday, he'd be the character that's seen everything, but otherwise, bye bye dwarves. Their time on Tyria has come to an end.

@Chorne.8195 said:And we've seen no female dwarves. Actually, we never have. It's not revealed how they reproduce.

I agree with your overall conclusion, but I wouldn't take the lack of female dwarves too seriously. Very, very few non-human females were depicted in GW1, but that never meant that they didn't exist. The charr and the centaurs both come to mind, and both now have extensive females populations. Sometimes there's an explanation for why they were all mysteriously offscreen in the first game, and sometimes there's not.

@Fenom.9457 said:Alternatively, what if they could synthesize more stone with real dwarves inside?We'd need dwarf spirits for that, and I haven't seen any dwarf ghosts hanging around, even from GW1 days when they weren't all stone. Otherwise, creating a walking stone man is just a golem (classical definition, not the asura mechs).

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Fenom.9457 said:Alternatively, what if they could synthesize more stone with real dwarves inside?We'd need dwarf spirits for that, and I haven't seen any dwarf ghosts hanging around, even from GW1 days when they weren't all stone. Otherwise, creating a walking stone man is just a golem (classical definition, not the asura mechs).

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dwarven_Ghost

They appeared with the use of a specific dwarves skill.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

"It is implied by Ogden Stonehealer that the female dwarves also have beards and are in fact seen in the game."

Inspired by LOTR?

Highly likely, since many of the dialogues from heroes had inspiration from different areas of fantasy, sci fi, and just popular media of the time.

Archived