So, how is D/D Weaver?

Psy.7386

I basically boycot anything Staff until it's somehow viable outside of just straight Power build with fire autos and what not. Never liked a mage using a Sceptre, it's weird to me. Wanted to try Sword, but...well we all know how that went AMIRIGHT OMEGALUL?

D/D has always been my favorite weapon combo. How is it doing with Weaver? Obviously STaff Weaver is the strongest Elementalists can get right now, so i'm not comparing it to that lol.

Staff Weaver is not that amazing - it overperforms only in non realistic scenarios (check qT benchmarks).

In my opinion, D/D Weaver is clunky. The Sword flows much better, while the D/D combo gets hit with the class mechanic and the poor combos that you can make with the dual skills (you lose easy access to one of the best dagger skills - Fire#3 and a blast for easy combo gets a bit weird - Water #3).

Want to melee go with sword despite the terrible DPS because it flows better and that a bit compensates the damage.

@Shooka.9712 said:Trident Weaver beats everything.Let's get heated up for UNDERWATER EXPANSION.

No pls.

@Azel.4786 said:Staff Weaver is not that amazing - it overperforms only in non realistic scenarios (check qT benchmarks).

In my opinion, D/D Weaver is clunky. The Sword flows much better, while the D/D combo gets hit with the class mechanic and the poor combos that you can make with the dual skills (you lose easy access to one of the best dagger skills - Fire#3 and a blast for easy combo gets a bit weird - Water #3).

Want to melee go with sword despite the terrible DPS because it flows better and that a bit compensates the damage.

Yeah love the flow of the Sword, too bad I notice groups of mobs dying like three times as fast when using Staff :/

@Jski.6180 said:Its tankly a lot like the old d/d ele it just the 3ed skill on the non duel skill for dagger are good so having to swap 2 times to get to them really takes away from the wepon type.

This is true, but only to a small extent. Fire/water gives you a burning speed, water/earth gives you a mini-leap just like magnetic grasp, and air/air is easy to get to when needed with fresh air. The blast on frozen blast is nice, but not really missed. The other skills are just extra.

With fresh air d/d weaver you actually get 2 pretty strong damage "rotations" air-->fire-->air-->air gives you access to some burns + the good damage on fire OH dagger (with the final swap to air mid-firegrab for that big hit), and air-->earth-->air-->air gives you that really nice grinding stones, earthquake, churning earth + 2x air procs for some big group dps. It makes up for losing out on burning speed.

@Psy.7386 said:

@Aether McLoud.1975 said:Yeah DD weaver is pretty fun but without signet heal, no bueno.

Was signet that good for us? I've been using Ether Renewal for the condi cleanse in open world and sPVP since start of HOT

I mean, it heals upon every spellcast and seeing as a Weaver you're never not casting spells...I can't speak from much experience, but I've tried the other heals since SoR was disabled and they felt so much worse.

The weird thing is, in my memory the difference seems SO big (practically unkillable in Open World) that I just want to try SoR again to see if it was just an illusion and I'm just terrible (with the other heals).

Or it could be that SoR scales better with the bits of Healing Power in my gear.

Sw/D is more fun than D/D to be honest. It works better with the healing signet due to faster attacks. It also has some very nice combos with dagger offhand:

• You can blast fire for might in fire/earth and earth/fire.
  • You can double blast water in water/earth.
  • You can single blast water switching from Water/Anything to Earth/Water and using skill 2 in both cases.
  • You can leap from fire field in air/fire
  • You can leap from water from Water/Anything to Air/Water using skill 2 in both cases

... and those are just the ones I've learned so far.

@JRocksMyLyfe.2810 said:

@Angelica Dream.7103 said:D/D Weaver was working great until Anet screwed us (temporarily - too long so far) and deactivated Signet of Restoration. And there is no work on getting it back. Come on devs!

New to Elementalist, but... Exactly what about the signet was nerfed so badly?

it was horrendously bugged so disabled it. And I guess it's still disabled.

@Aceofsppades.6873 said:

@JRocksMyLyfe.2810 said:

@Angelica Dream.7103 said:D/D Weaver was working great until Anet screwed us (temporarily - too long so far) and deactivated Signet of Restoration. And there is no work on getting it back. Come on devs!

Oh? I thought I just seen a thread saying that they fixed it and implemented a new build that re-enabled the ability.

@JRocksMyLyfe.2810 said:

@Aceofsppades.6873 said:

@JRocksMyLyfe.2810 said:

Oh? I thought I just seen a thread saying that they fixed it and implemented a new build that re-enabled the ability.

It is back and the same as always to my knowledge and play.

Archived