[Suggestion] Skyscale Hatchery

I was discussing the skyscale hatchling on another forum and thought about this. Players with a single account only get a chance to see skyscale hatchlings once. Can we get a place that's a mass skyscale hatchery that players could visit? It could be tended by Zephyrites and others that are trying to save the species.

It could be a crafting materials sink where players donate materials once a day in exchange for LWS4 currency. Daily material needs could be changed based on what needs to be balanced. It would help players get needed map currencies to unlock their skyscale through the existing story path.

@Cynder.2509 said:Would be a nice idea. Was kind of sad seeing it grow up so fast. Maybe Sun's Refuge would be a good place for that since the whole Skyscale thing took place there and it would definitely make it worth visiting this location more.

I'm thinking Labyrinthine Cliffs; the map where the Festival of the Four Winds takes place. They could expand it meet up with Mount Maelstrom, Thunderhead Peaks and Desert Highlands to connect Core w/PoF areas and put the hatchery there being tended by Zephyrites. It's close to Dragon's Fall where the Skyscale came from so adult skyscales would go there. They could design the expanded map as core map and have a festival version of it when they are running the Festival of the Four Winds. Up on one of the cliffs they could even put a lounge so they could sell some Portal Scrolls to it. If they wanted to have events on it they could have either pirate or Inquest raids trying to get skyscale eggs and maybe typical karka related events.

We could see flocks of adult skyscale flying about up in the air and migrating to the direction of Dragon's Fall. By selling materials that have tanked in prices to them for map currency it would provide a boost for that material on the market and allow players who don't need the currency to convert it to volatile magic. Silk is a good example. Sell it, get map currency then if you don't need it consume it. As the other person mentioned above they could have minis available. They could sell the for volatile magic and karma.

They could also sell skyscale treats which would allow any player with a treat to ride skyscales around the map like on Dragon's Fall.

While the idea sounds good I have one concern: What are seasonal event maps for then? I always thought they were special because you can't access them every day in the year. In my opinion the map would lose its uniqueness if implemented permanently. It's already a shame that it was brought back so the initial specialness from back when it was released is gone now because now everyone can enter that area and earn stuff that was made for players who played since release actually. From the rewards from older content which isn't obtainable anymore you could tell apart the truly commited players, those who play since release and "real" veterans. My other concern is that there are other players as well then and I'd like to have at least some zones where I can be alone without living in fear of being insulted or jufged at random for no reason whatsoever but only because I don't run around with all that shiny legendary sfx abomination stuff and instead tend to more "realistic" or "character headcanon fitting" skins. Sure I could show all the prestige stuff off like everyone else does and act like a complete toxic phoney but it's immmersion breaking for me. I miss the times before all this stuff came out and people actually went creative with skins and didn't assume someone is bad only because that one doesn't show off their legendary armor stuff all the time. This madness has become worse with the release of HoT and I somehow don't like it. But this thread isn't about that, so to be back at the matter at hand.Allthough I feel sorry for Sun's Refuge becoming abandoned and not getting that much love from the devs and Labyrinthine Cliffs will be made permanently accessible I do hope they'd make it an instanced location to retreat to when some feel insecure and harrassed. (This is a problem that not only i experience but several others I know.)

@"Cynder.2509" said:While the idea sounds good I have one concern: What are seasonal event maps for then? I always thought they were special because you can't access them every day in the year. In my opinion the map would lose its uniqueness if implemented permanently. It's already a shame that it was brought back so the initial specialness from back when it was released is gone now because now everyone can enter that area and earn stuff that was made for players who played since release actually. From the rewards from older content which isn't obtainable anymore you could tell apart the truly commited players, those who play since release and "real" veterans. My other concern is that there are other players as well then and I'd like to have at least some zones where I can be alone without living in fear of being insulted or jufged at random for no reason whatsoever but only because I don't run around with all that shiny legendary sfx abomination stuff and instead tend to more "realistic" or "character headcanon fitting" skins. Sure I could show all the prestige stuff off like everyone else does and act like a complete toxic phoney but it's immmersion breaking for me. I miss the times before all this stuff came out and people actually went creative with skins and didn't assume someone is bad only because that one doesn't show off their legendary armor stuff all the time. This madness has become worse with the release of HoT and I somehow don't like it. But this thread isn't about that, so to be back at the matter at hand.Allthough I feel sorry for Sun's Refuge becoming abandoned and not getting that much love from the devs and Labyrinthine Cliffs will be made permanently accessible I do hope they'd make it an instanced location to retreat to when some feel insecure and harrassed. (This is a problem that not only i experience but several others I know.)

LA, Divinity's Reach and now Hoelbrak are dual maps in that there is a non-festival version and a festival version. Them being dual maps doesn't decrease what they mean to players. It wouldn't cause an issue on Labyrinthine Cliffs either. The Zephyrites can't be party animals all year round.

An added benefit of it being a map that connects core with PoF is that if you have both expansion you could travel from Dragon's Stand thru Domain of Vabbi and on to Jahai Bluffs and Domain of Kourna. I think it would be fun to travel from one end to another. They could make it an achievement to do it in one login session, with one character never having gone to the character select screen or used a waypoint once you start.

Also if it were hidden in Sun's Refuge only players who unlocked it would be able to see it. That's not the suggestion. I would like to see it accessible to all players so it would be a tease to get them to unlock the skyscale.

Baby Skyscales for home instance :D

Put a bunch of baby Skyscales around the world to collect and feed then they unlock in home instances and run/fly around everywhere clinging to buildings etc.After you unlock all of them and all the cats too add a joke NPC who's running around angry and demanding to know who the hell turned the district into a zoo.

@Teratus.2859 said:Baby Skyscales for home instance :D

Put a bunch of baby Skyscales around the world to collect and feed then they unlock in home instances and run/fly around everywhere clinging to buildings etc.After you unlock all of them and all the cats too add a joke NPC who's running around angry and demanding to know who the hell turned the district into a zoo.

One with stunted growth so it stays small.